Chapter 25

Chapter 25...
The car ride home was silent. Hiccup's eyes were focused on the road but he continuously glanced to his left where Astrid was. She was sat with her head against the window with a plain expression, as she watched the roads pass through the night. Constant thoughts of what happened that night and memories flashed in her brain.
Lost in thought, she didn't realise Hiccup had pulled over into a dirt road passing. He just watched her, carefully. Her fingers were fiddling and her foot was gently tapping the floor. He couldn't believe what Leo had done. He knew he got some of his revenge on him but it wasn't enough to know that Astrid was looking like this.
He cautiously moved his arm, slowly putting his hand on her shoulder.
As she felt the hand on her shoulder, the image of Leo grabbing her took hold of her body, causing her to jump out of her thoughts and hit Hiccup's arm away as she turned to him quickly.
"Hey... Hey it's ok now," Astrid's face was pale like a ghost. "Its over..."
Astrid nodded as she looked down at her fingers still fiddling. "I...I'm sorry..."
"Why are you sorry?" Hiccup asked her turning the engine off and sat to face her.
"... It's all my fault!" She sat not looking at him. "I shouldn't have been so pathetic! I should have gotton out of there as fast as I could! Leo wouldn't have touched me is I had just gone! Why didn't I leave when I had the chance!!!" Her bottom lip began to tremble. " Its my... fault he... raped me!"
"Astrid listen to me!" He took hold of her hands, bit being able to bare the words coming out of her mouth. "None... NONE... of this is your fault! Leo was the one who raped you, you had nothing to do with the cause of it. You couldn't have left, he forced you to stay by beating you up and then took you for himself! Don't you dare blame yourself for what that Fucker did!"
"But... I... I just froze! I let him manipulate me and rape me!"
"No you didn't! You froze in shock, you were unconscious! He was intoxicated!" Hiccup took his hand and lifted her face so they made perfect eye contact. "Please... please don't blame yourself..."
They sat in silence as they stared into eachother eyes. Astrid's eyes began to wonder around Hiccup's face. All the cuts and bruises were dark in the dim light but she could slightly make them out. Lifting her hand from Hiccup's grip, she gently touched his cheek, running her smooth fingers over the bruises and bleeding cuts. Sorrow filled her eyes and she inspected his face but her hand was caught when Hiccup captured it with his. Intertwining his fingers in hers, she felt him squeeze her hand as though he was telling her 'it's ok'. She smiled slightly at him as he returned it.
She slowly sank back into her seat as she pulled her hand away and closed her eyes for a second.
"Come on, I'm not leaving you alone tonight... your staying with me..."