Chaptet 51

Chapter 51...
Both Hiccup and Astrid were in the car on the way to the hospital. Her parents had made it near London before the crash happened. They were taken to a hospital in London by ambulance but they weren't told any news except that it was a very serious accident and they needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible.
Astrid was sat in silence with her eyes on the road as Hiccup drove as fast as he could to London. They had another hour and a half to go before they would reach the hospital but it felt like hours to Astrid.
"How much further?" Astrid asked not losing eye contact with the road.
"About an hour and a half away." Hiccup said looking at Astrid quickly before diverting back to driving.
"We need to get there faster, put your foot down!"
"Astrid, I'm going as fast as I can-"
"- Well you're not going fast enough!"
"Astri-"
"Hiccup! My mum and dad are probably on their death bed whilst I'm traveling all the way up to LONDON IN THIS... STUPID CAR WITH YOU!" Astrid shouted, not realising what she just said and immediately regretted it. Hiccup just sat back in silence following the signs to London. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"
"It's ok, don't worry."
"No I shouldn't have shouted at you..."
"Astrid," Hiccup put one of his hands on her hand and gently rubbed it. "It's fine, you're worried and scared and I am too. But they will get through this. Look it's around another 50 miles but I'll go as fast as I can and get us there quickly ok?"
"Ok" Astrid nodded looking at Hiccup with a sad smile. Hiccup put his foot down and kept driving in the dark. Astrid turned her head looking out the window as she fiddled with her necklace in her fingers.
"Please be ok..."
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
They finally reached the hospital and parked the car before Astrid ran out of the car and up to reception.
"Hi... um... I'm Astrid Hofferosn... my parents were bought into the hospital from a car accident. Mr and Mrs Hofferson."
"Yes the paramedics brought them in an hour ago, they are currently in resus so you can wait outside until the doctors and nurses can let you in to see them. Just follow the signs to resus." The receptionist said as she searched for her parents on the system and gave her direction.
"Ok, thank you so much" she said as she ran down the corridors following the signs and leaving Hiccup behind. After turning corners left and right, she finally made it to resus. She wasn't allowed in but she could see in through the window she wished she couldn't.
Her parent were covered in blood and had tubes and monitors around them. There were around 4 doctors around each of them and the paramedics were there collecting their final things before walking out of the room.
"Excuse me! I'm their daughter can you tell me what happened... please?" Astrid caught the paramedics as they walked out.
"Well, we didn't see what happened but it the looks of things, a car must have collided with them head on at about 55 mph. They were lucky to get out alive." The paramedic said.
"Oh thank God!" Astrid sighed. "What about the driver of the other car?"
"Unfortunately the driver of the car died on the scene, the police are looking into details and will want to speak to your parents when they recover."
"Ok, thank you, for everything and saving my parents."
"It's ok, it's our job," The paramedic said and out a hand on Astrid's shoulder. "They were very lucky to get out alive, but they aren't clear yet."
Astrid nodded and watched the paramedics turn away and walk off. She turned back to her parents who were being treated and listened into the conversations between doctors when the door opened.
"Ok, she has an collapsed lung, broken bones, arterial bleed and a possibly head wound. We need to patch up this bleed and control it before we send her to CT to get a scan and X rays." One doctor said as they assessed her mother.
"He's broken both his legs, dislocated arm and jaw and a possible head wound. He's stable enough to go for a scan." The doctor for her father said. As they began to prepare him to leave to go for a scan, it went downhill.
"Stop! Blood pressure is dropping! Oxygen levels falling! He's stopped breathing, start CPR!" The doctor took over and started CPR on her father.
"Hey, there you are! How's it... going" Hiccup found Astrid and stood next to her. She didn't look at him at all, her eyes watching her father possibly dying on the hospital bed. Tears formed in Astrid's eyes and fell as she saw the levels on the monitor continue to fall. Hiccup held her close as he watched aswell from the window. They kept pushing drugs through him and continued to try to restart his heart.
"Please... dad please... please" Astrid whispered holding her necklace again.
After 14 minutes of resuscitation, the doctors stopped and stood back from Astrid's father laying on the hospital bed. They all nodded and dropped their heads, turning off the machines.
"Time of death... 9:54pm"