Chapter 72

Chapter 72...
No communication...
She just stared at him. Confusion in her eyes. Unable to understand what was happening around her or the pain in Hiccup's eyes and stinging sensation in his heart.
Did she remember what happened?
Did she know which she was?
Did... she even know who... Hiccup was?
"No... no no no... she-she knows me! Astrid? Hey Astrid i-its me Hiccup!" Hiccup panicked as he held her hand tighter and glued his eyes to hers begging for her mind to click and remember the forest eyes she fell in love with. She just stared back at him... with no realisation.
Scanning notes and information on the clipboard, the doctor stood in confusion as he looked through before and after CT scan pictures, comparing the differences and working out what was wrong.
He spoke to the nurses and no one could find anything wrong as Hiccup continued to try.
"We cant find anything on the notes or scans to work out what happened..."
"What so you mean? Nothing?" Hiccup gritted his teeth staring at Astrid with their hands still gripped.
"The notes and scans show no signs of anything wrong..."
"No signs? Anything... wrong?"
"Hiccup... you need to calm down..."
"Calm down... CALM DOWN? Look at my girlfriend mum! She can't communicate!!"
"Mr Haddock please calm down, we are going to work as fast as we can to try and figure this out-"
"- But you said you COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING! LOOK AT HER!" Hiccup gestured to Astrid laying on her bed watching the drama unfold in front of her eyes between the doctor and 2 other people next to her. "She doesn't understand what is happening, she doesn't know who she is, SHE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW WHO I AM!"
"I understan-"
"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! TO YOU SHE'S JUST ANOTHER PARIENT IN HOPSITAL BUT SHES MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND! ONLY MEMORIES YOU HAVE OF HER ARE FROM BEING IN A HOPSITAL BED OR IN SURGERY BUT I'VE HAD YEARS OF SPECIAL MEMORIES WITH HER EVEN SINCE WE WERE KIDS!"
"Mr Haddock you really need to calm down!"
"NO... I will calm down when someone tells me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AND FOR ASTRID TO LOOK ME IN THE EYES AND REMEMBER WHO I AM!"
You could see the anger and pain building in Hiccup as his face began to turn a light shade of red and his fists were clenched tight.
Valka put her hands on Hiccup's shoulders trying to gently pull himself away from the doctors and Astrid. The tension could be felt in his shoulders but trying to move him was a struggle in his wheelchair.
"I'm sorry Mr Haddock but you are going to have to leave this room..."
"NO NO I CAN'T, I AM NOT LEAVING THIS ROOM!"
"Mr Haddock if you are not willing to leave this room by yourself then we will have no choice but to call doe security to remove you..."
The doctors and nurses looked seriously at Hiccup as he looked back, flicking between them all with their professional and stern faces.
Hiccup was still angry and tense but he finally took notice of his mothers touch on his shoulder. There was the pressure of movement piling him back slightly.
"Hiccup... let's go... dont make it any worse than it is..." Valka said gently holding her son would finally listen.
He did.
He sighed on defeat looking at the scene in front of him, realising it wasn't going to help the situation.
"Okay... okay let's go..."
He let his mother pull him away from Astrids bed and wheel him out the room, taking a few glanced behind him back at Astrid in bed who was staring back at him.
They closed the door behind them as Valka let Hiccup go from her grasp. Slowly, he wheeled himself over to the window, looking back into the room where he just was. Watching from afar, he was the doctor and nurses around Astrid, trying to talk to her and ask her questions to see if she would remember anything. The only responses he could she were slight shakes or nodding her hear.
He placed his hand up against the window and pressed it on the glass watching still.
Valka walked over to him and leant against the wall watching on the room with him.
"I'm sure she will remember..." Valka said as there was a few seconds of silence before Hiccup replied.
"I hope so... but if not... I will do everything it takes for her to remember everything..."