Chapter 59

Chapter 59...
"Ok I think that's everything babe!"
"Did you take the boxes from the boxes from the other room on the table?"
"Yeah I put them in the car."
After a few weeks of sorting out taxes and paperwork, Astrid was finally moving into the spare room at Hiccup's house. It took a lot of convincing to try to get her to see that leaving her home that belonged to her parents was the best. She was upset hut knew that deep down she couldn't run everything on her own and being away from the bad memories would be better than suffering everytime she walked past their untouched room.
The house was now bare with hardly anything in it except from the furniture. It was sad to say goodbye to the memories and images that replayed in her mind as she looked around the room. But rather than letting the tears fall from her eyes, Astrid smiled. It was time to start a new chapter, hold onto the old memories but make new ones... With Hiccup.
"Goodbye..." she whispered as she closed the door behind her and took a large sigh. She locked up the doors for one final time with the keys and put them through the letter box. As she turned, she looked at Hiccup who gave her a small sad smile leaning against the car.
"You ready?"
"Yeah... let's go..."
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
They had both arrived at the house and began to unpack the boxes. Astrid was a little quiet but Hiccup knew this was a big step for her and he accepted it.
"Do you want me to help you unpack your stuff?"
"Umm... no that's ok but thank you babe."
"Ok, I need to finish of a few things in my room but is you need me just knock on my door and shout.'
"I will, thank you Hiccup."
She gave him a small smile as he left the room and pulled to the door ajar. Her room was set up pretty much ready, consisting of a king size bed, wardrobe, desk, dressers, draws and an bathroom. There were a lot of boxes to get through but at least she had a lot of time to do it in.
She began to unpack the main boxes and clothes which she put away in the wardrobe. Astrid knew that she wanted to create a memory wall everyone in her family and friends so she left some of the stuff until she could paint it and put things away.
After about 4 hours, she was done. Now it was time to paint the wall.
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
"One second!" Astrid could hear rustling from behind the door.
"Ok come in!" Hiccup was leaning awkwardly against his desk and smiling weirdly... like he was hiding something.
"Hey, ummm... I've finished unpacking for the moment but I was wondering if you had any paints?"
"Um.. y-yeah I think we do, I'll grab them for you!" He chuckled forcefully and covered something behind him with papers. He lead Astrid out the room and closed the door behind him.
"What are you doing in there?"
"What? Me? Nothing! Just some project work for university and stuff."
"Oh... ok"
Hiccup took her downstairs to the basement where there were a collection of paints.
"Wow... Why are there so many paints?"
"We'll... let's just say you've been welcomed into a very artistic family!" They both chuckled. "What are you doing with thwthe paints anyway?"
"You'll see..." Astrid pecked him on the lips as they left the basement. Time to paint.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"And done!" Astrid puffed out as she stepped back and looked at her finished piece of work.
The wall had a painted world map on it with string attaching from a place to a photograph of Astrid and her parents from her trips. That was her travel memory wall and she also decided to use all of her fairy lights she took from the old house and pegged loads of photographs and polaroids on them so they light up in the dark. Many of them were polaroids of her and Hiccup together, friends and family photos.
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
"Hey... WOAH!" Hiccup walked in and saw the walls and photographs. "This is amazing! I love it!"
"Thank you" Astrid smiled and hugged Hiccup as he hugged her back. He then let go of her and they both walked over to the photographs.
"Oh! Astrid stay here and don't move!"
"Umm... Ok?"
After a few minutes, Hiccup came back with something behind his back.
"Close your eyes..."
"Why?"
"Trust me..."
Astrid sighed and closed her eyes tight.
"Now stand still."
She felt him move behind her and lift up her hair. A sudden touch of metal fell on her chest and sat there once her hair was released. Hiccup stood back.
"Open your eyes..."
Astrid looked down to see her heart locket that she broke a while ago when her parents died. Hiccup had fixed it and it looked exactly how it used to and he even put the images back inside that were in there before.
"Hiccup..." she whispered in shock. "I- I thought I lost this... how did you-"
"After we were upstairs looking at photos in your attic and you want downstairs to see Stormfly, I picked up all the pieces and promised myself I would fix it for you. I didn't want you to loose this especially to how much it means to you."
"I don't know what to say... Thank you!" Astrid looked up at him and smiled thankfully.
"Anything for you babe..."
He hugged her and she joined in, kissing the top of her head and resting his on hers.
"Anything..."