Chapter 11

Chapter 11...
NO P.O.V...
The car finally began to pull into the drive way, revealing a large house in the middle of no where. It was old looking yet modern with a large garden full of life and nature and a swimming pool built in. It was... HUGE.
"Ok, is everything you have so extra?!?!" Astrid stood in shock as she stepped out of the car gazing a the house.
"Oh ha ha very funny!" Hiccup replied in a sarcastic tone yet with a smile stuck to his face.
Astrid grabbed her bags and followed Hiccup up the stone drive way to a large oak door. After unlocking the door with his keys, he opens the door to a grande hall, full of pictures and art and stuff. It was like something out of a castle but with a modern twist. Astrid placed her bags to the floor and instantly wondered around looking all the photographs and art paved around. Each one had a special meaning to it, from adventures to memories... they were all amazing, except for one that stood proud and tall.
It was a painting of the Haddock family: Valka, Hiccup and... Stoick.
As she stated into Stoicks eyes, she instantly began having flashbacks to the times he played with her and all the fun they had as kids. It made her stomach turn and her eyes to become a bit blury with years.
"... whenever I look at that painting, it reminds me of him." Hiccups voice began from behind, with Astrid keeping her eyes focused on Stoick but listening to his every word. "He was the most amazing, selfless, kind, loving father anyone could ask for. Although he's gone, I feel as though everytime I look at the this when I pass he's always there in my heart and watching down on me as I live the life he wanted me to have..."
*Sniff*
Hiccups eyes immediately moved to Astrid who was facing away from him looking at the painting. He slowly and carefully pit his hands on he shoulder and moved her around so she was facing him. "Hey, what's wrong? Am I really that sappy?"
She chuckled. "No, its just... looking at him bring back old memories of all of us together and I guess, I never really realised how much of an impact he had on me... he was like a second father and I never... even got to... say goodbye."
Hiccup immediately brought her into a soft test meaningful hug, with her head laying on his chest and his head on hers.
After holding the hug for as long as possible, Astrid pulled away and wiped her tears away and cleared her thoat.
"I um, I guess we should start getting ready?"
"Oh uh yeah! Let's go?"
"Where can I get changed?"
"You can go in my room if you want?"
"What, so a pervy and cheeky Hiccup Haddock can peak in as I'm undressing... I think of prefer something with a lock on it..."
"Unfortunately, nothing here had a lock!" Hiccup winked at her.
"Not even the bathroom?" She smirked and listed a brow.
"Of course that has a lock, we asked that bad..."
"Not what I've heard..." Astrid whispered under her breath with a giggle.
"What was that?"
"Nothing! Can I just have a room please to get ready?"
"Yep sure, go up the stairs, turn left, down the small hallway and the second room to the right..."
"Thanx Hic!" Astrid left and went to go look for a room... unknown to her, there was a little surprise in that room awaiting for her.
Hiccup looked at his watch and counted down... "3... 2... 1..."
"OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO CUTE!!" He heard upstairs being shouted out.
Hiccup laughed as he turned to get some drinks... "Yep that's Toothless"