Chapter 62

Chapter 62...
The door slowly opened downstairs after the lock had been broken and forced. The intruder was quiet as they carefully opened the door with a slight creak. The house was in darkness but became bright as a torch was turned on from someone's phone. Quietly, the intruder closed the door behind and looked around the house. They looked up the stairs to see there were no lights on. As they kept walking around the kitchen into the living room, they saw photographs and pictures of Astrid and Hiccup together, cuddling and kissing. There were also others of Hiccup's family that made the intruder scowl in anger. They slammed the photos down on the side so some of them broke.
"Time to get pay back..." they whispered as they grabbed the large container full of liquid and put gloves on. Opening the lid, they poured a trail of the liquid all around the floor, along furniture and other items in the house. The smell of the liquid was very very strong and very irritant to the skin.
Placing the container on the floor, the person made their way down into the room where the power supply way. Taking out pliers, the person turned off the power and cut the wires. No power for the night.
Leaving the room, they closed the door and stood at the bottom of the staircase, looking up to where Hiccup and Astrid were sleeping.
"Payback begins..."
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Pssst, Hiccup..."
Astrid woke up hearing strange noises from downstairs. Thinking it was Toothless or Stormfly, she looked in the corner of the room with her torch in her phone to see them asleep in their beds. She though she also saw a small torch light shining under the door. She hit Hiccup and shook his arm to wake him up.
"Mmmmm, what is it?" Hiccup asked as he rubbed his eyes and yawned, still half asleep.
"I think there's someone downstairs..." she whispered.
"What?"
"I dunno, I keep hearing these noises and I thought I saw a light shining under the door."
"I'm sure it's nothing Astrid, we can always check in the morning-"
BANG
There was a sound of something falling.
"Maybe I should go and check..."
"What! Hiccup are you crazy? You aren't going on your own!"
"Astrid I'm not letting you go downstairs, especially if someone is there!"
"And I'm not letting you go down without me!"
Astrid got up and grabbed her hoodie from the floor and joggers.
Rolling his eyes knowing he wasn't going to win the argument, Hiccup got up and signed, getting changed into some clothes.
"Babe can you put the light on?"
Astrid stumbled in the dark over to the light switch and flicked it so it was on.
Nothing.
"The lights won't turn on..."
"Maybe the fuse broke... I'll go and check it when we go down."
"Ok, let's go..."
Hiccup lead first. Slowly opening the door, he looked out to see if anyone was there. Clear.
"Come on..."
Astrid took his hand as they crept out the room.
"Try the light" Hiccup whispered to her as she tried another light in the hall way and other rooms.
"Nothing..."
Hiccup grabbed his phone and turned on his torch, looking around the rest of the upstairs area. Clear.
"Stay close to me, just in case." Hiccup turned back and whispered to Astrid as she nodded and held his hand in a tighter grip.
Both began to go down the stairs and couldn't see anything intruders.
"What is that smell?"
"It smells like... petrol? Maybe there's a leak somewhere outside... We'll go and turn the power on first, then we'll have a look"
"Ok"
Hiccup opened the door to the room with the power box in. It was clear so he took them both inside.
"Hold the light on the box..." Hiccup told Astrid as she held her phone torch up.
"Ummm... Astrid... the power supply has been cut. Looks like someone must have used pliers or something..."
"Well... now what?"
"We'll check the rest of the house and call the police ok?"
"Ok... I have a really weird feeling for some reason..."
"Like what?"
"Almost as though... someone is watching us or we aren't alone."
"Come on, mum isn't home for another few hours from her shift. Hopefully we can get all this sorted before she comes home."
Astrid and Hiccup walked out of the room carefully into the kitchen area.
"I'll check the rest of the home and you phone the police if I find anything els-"
"I don't think that will be necessary..."
A voice came from the darkness in the corner.
Astrid and Hiccup slowly lifted their light to where the voice came from.
"Well well well... hello you two..."
"...Leo?..."
"Hello Astrid... miss me?"