Chapter 19

Chapter 19...
NO P.O.V...
Hiccup decided it was time for them to leave the treehouse as it was getting late and cold. The sun was now gone with light shades of red, pink, yellow and orange illuminating the sky. Stars were beginning to appear in the sky.
"Hey, Astrid?" Hiccup looked down at Astrid who was now dressed again and with her head resting on Hiccups shoulder.
"Yeah?" Astrid sighed.
"I think we should go, its getting late and cold..." He said slowly getting up from the floor and dusting off the dust and leaves from being say there.
"Ok... ummmm Hiccup...?"
"Yeah?"
"Is it... umm... is it ok if I stay with you tonight?... I don't really want to sleep at home tonight..." Astrid looked up at him.
"Of course" Hiccup gave a sad smile as he looked at Astrid. He gave a hand out to help her up which she gladly accepted.
Both walked to Hiccup's together making sure they weren't being followed the way there.
When they got it back to Hiccup's, he called out for his mum but remembered she had to work that night for an emergency call out. They both got in and turned the TV onto see that a movie was on... How To Train Your Dragon.
"OH MY GOD HICCUP!!"
"What? What's wrong?!?" Hiccup looked at Astrid.
"Look what's on!!!" She pointed to the screen and laughed. Hiccup saw, smirked and joined in with watching the movie.
After watching the movie, Hiccup remembered something.
"Oh yeah, Astrid come with me..." he held out his hand and turned the TV off. Astrid followed him up the stairs to his room. It was a big modern room with a king size bed, Apple Mac and tech everywhere. He had drawings and sketches everywhere, all over his walls and desk. He had random pieces of material and stuff on his desk, as though he was using it to invent new stuff... interesting.
Astrid looked around and his sketches as Hiccup randomly disappeared. After a few minutes, Hiccup came back with bandages and plasters and cream.
"What's that for?"
"Sit down on the bed... I'm gonna help"
"Help what?"
"Astrid let me help you, I'll patch you up and it will hopefully stop the swelling, bruising and cuts on your body."
"...fiiiiiiine..." Astrid gave in and took her top off, exposing her abuse. Hiccup looked at her, asking with her eyes if it was ok to touch her... she nodded with a smile.
After 20 minutes, Hiccup was almost done. He was finishing off adding cream to her bruised on her arms.
"Soooo... when did you become such a doctor of medicine?" Astrid smirked watching him.
"Eh... might have done a few courses over the years... nothing toooooo tricky to understand but helpful."
She smiled as she continued to watch him. He was so gentle at the touch and careful when he applied the cream and bandages.
"Okaaaaaaay I think we are done... how does that feel?" Hiccup asked.
"A lot better... thank you Hiccup..."
"Anything for you" he smiled at her as she smiled back.
"Can I possibly borrow some clothes? I don't really want to get cream and stuff on mine, only if that's ok though?"
"Yeah sure" Hiccup went over to his wardrobe and pulled out an old top, jumper and joggers. He handed them to her which she happily took and went off to get changed into.
Hiccup decided it would be the perfect night to watch the stars. So as Astrid was getting changed, he went downstairs and made some hot chocolate for them both and grabbed a few blankets. He put out some fairy light around the large double sun lounger outside.
"What's all this?" Hiccup turned to see Astrid walking out to the garden.
"I thought it would be a nice night to y'know... Look at the stars."
"Sounds perfect to me..." she smiled and sat down on the lounger. Hiccup bought her out her hot chocolate and sat down next to her with his. He then covered then both in many blankets, snuggling up in the warmth.
"You ready?" Hiccup looked at her with a smile.
"Yeah." She replied with a smile. Hiccup then turned out the lights around them, revealing the billions of stars in the sky... more stars than they could count. The stars lit up Astrid's eyes, full of beauty and wonder as Hiccup looked stared at her in awe. He couldn't get enough of her and wanted to be there through everything. He simply took his hand and cupped her cheek and pulled her close until there lips met once again. They held it for a few seconds before releasing, Astrid smiled deeply at him and then snuggled into his side where Hiccup put his arms around her. He stroked her head gently and listened to the sound of nothing... the only thing that could be heard was the sound of owls, crickets and their breath in the cold air. He closed his eyes for a few seconds... which then turned into minutes... then an hour.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
1 HOUR LATER...
Hiccup woke up still with his arms around Astrid. It was still pitch black and realised it would probably be best to not sleep outside on a lounger all night.
"Pst, Astrid?" Hiccup whispered gently in her ear but she only moaned and snuggled further into Hiccup. She smiled and decided to pick her up and carry her to his bedroom. He placed her on the bed slowly, careful not to awake her and tucked her into the duvet. Hiccup went downstairs to quickly clear up, lock the doors and turn the lights off in the house.
When he came back upstairs, he saw that Astrid hadn't moved from her position he left her in. He quickly got changed and got into bed, turning off the side light and closed his eyes. But before he could drift off into his slumber, he felt a certain blonde curl up against him and cuddle into his touch.
Hiccup fell asleep with a smile on his face that night... of love and safety.