Chapter 63

Chapter 63...
Leo was sat in a chair in the kitchen, with a glass of water held in one hand and a gun in the other.
"So... what am I suppose to call this?" He said waving the fun back and forth between Hiccup and Astrid. As he did, Hiccup slowly moved defensively in front of Astrid.
"It is Astcup? Hmmm maybe Hiccstrid? How do you pronounce that? Is it 'Hicc'strid like that or...? He asked as he made a 'hiccup' noise when pronouncing the name. He moved the glass of water up to his lips before taking a sip and placing it gently back down on the table. He raised his gun further and pointed it closer to them.
"Phones... throw them to me now." He demanded. Hiccup and Astrid looked at each other hesitantly. "NOW!"
They threw there phones over towards him and he picked them up, turning them off and putting them away in a draw. As it was dark, he lit a match and put a lantern on next to him with a match, blowing it out once it began to illuminate the room.
"What do you want Leo?" Hiccup asked in anger.
"Easy, for you to stay away from Astrid and let me take her with me. I'm leaving this country since the police are now looking for me thanks to YOU TWO..."
"Why couldn't you just leave us alone?" Astrid asked.
"You are mine... Then this piece of shit came and took you away from me-"
"Hiccup saved my life! You abused me Leo! And then you go and kill me parents!"
"Oh Astrid..." Leo stood up and began to wonder around the room. As he moved, Hiccup and Astrid moved in the opposite direction. "You should have seen the looks on your parents faces when my car smashed into theirs. I managed to get out with only a few scratches and bad beusinf but them... they looked so scared, like a dear in headlights... but there was a smile on my face as I got closer and closer to them and we collided."
"You're a sick human being..." Astrid said stepping forward. "I'm not coming with you. I would rather die then go with you. You deserve to rot in jail or be killed."
"Oh trust me Astrid, if you don't come with me, you will die. Just like your pretty little boyfriend."
"Leo... stop messing around. The police are looking for you all over. Anywhere you go, they will have you in the database and catch you. Just turn yourself in. End this. Leave Astrid alone." Hiccup said with his hand out to protect Astrid.
"I'm smart, the police won't find me. And you aren't going anywhere except Astrid coming with me."
"Or what?"
"I have a gun... I've covered the place in petrol. One flame or spark on the liquid and this place goes up."
Astrid looked at the floor to see the long trail of petrol with the strong scent filling her lungs.
Leo kept slowly moving with the other two moving too. They both ended up leaning on the cupboards and draws. Hiccup's eyes lit up in relief as he remembered what he had hidden in his draw. He managed to carefully open it without Leo realising and reached his hand in. He searched it before he found what he was looking for.
A gun he was given before his father passed away to use in emergencies. It was already loaded luckily.
He held it behind his back carefully. When Leo took his eye off them for a second, Hiccup took his chance and shot the bullet. It hit Leo's shoulder and he shouted in pain, grabbing it as it began to bleed heavily.
"FUCK!" Leo shouted as he dropped his gun.
"RUN!" Hiccup shouted as he and Astrid began to run for the door.
As they began to run and dodge objects and trying not to slip on the petrol, Leo say them through his blurred vision. Seeing his chance, Leo grabbed his gun in pain and aimed it shaking at Hiccup before he pulled the trigger and the bullet was shot. It hit his left leg in the calf. Hiccup screamed and fell to the floor, crashing into a shelf where glass smashed on the floor with him.
"HICCUP!" Astrid shouted, running over to him. She saw the wound and immediately grabbed a towel to apply pressure it. The blood wasn't stopping and Hiccup was turning pale fast. Leo was struggling with his shoulder but managed to stand up, slightly wobbly from the loss of blood.
He stumbled over to the couple where he pointed the gun at Hiccup's head and prepared to pull the trigger.
Astrid looked up and saw Leo. She knew what she had to do.
"WAIT!!!"
"Say goodbye to your love, Astri-"
"-I'll come with you!"
Hiccup's eyes fluttered as he heard what she said.
"I'll come with you! But... just don't kill Hiccup."
"Why?"
"Because that's what's you wanted... for me to leave him and for me to come with you."
"No... A-Astrid don't..." Hiccup breathed out as he was slowly drifting in and out of consciousness.
"Take me... Leave Hiccup... do we have a deal?"
After a few seconds of silence and the drilling of blood on the floor, Leo nodded.
"Fine... but we leave now!"
"Let me bandage Hiccup first-"
"- NO!" Leo shouted from anger and pain. "Leave him to rot and come with me NOW!"
Leo held his shoulder again and stumbled towards the door weakly.
Astrid looked at Hiccup who shook his head slightly looking at her with his green eyes standing out on his pale face.
"It's ok..." she whispered. Astrid caught her eyes on the pieces of glass on the floor. She grabbed Hiccup's hand before kissing it gently. "I have an idea"
She picked up a large pointed piece of glass and hid it up her sleeve of her jumper. Leo was bent over in pain which was perfect opportunity for Astrid. She began to shuffle it put of her jumper before he stood up and turned to face her.
"Say goodbye to Hiccup..." he said as he grabbed her other hand and began to drag her out of the house. But Astrid had other ideas.
Before they got to the door, Astrid took the advantage and slid the piece of glass out of her sleeve. Grasping it tight in her hand, she stabbed the piece of glass into his side deep. Leo collapsed onto the floor gasping for air as Astrid kicked his gun away from him and ran over to Hiccup to help him and see he was getting weaker and weaker.
She put her hand on his cheek where his eyes fluttered again. She smiled gently before pulling away and pressing the towel hard again on Hiccup's leg.
She looked over at Leo who was still collapsed on the floor gasping for air.
"Hiccup... Hiccup? Look at me! Try and hold the towel in place and keep pressure on it!"
Quickly, Astrid got up and ran to the first phone she could find. She called the police about Leo and an ambulance for Hiccup. She looked at the phone when she ended the call and signed in relief and panic. Things were finally coming to an end... or were they?
She turned around to hear the spark of something. Leo stood there pale and covered in blood with a lighter in his hand.
"G-goodbye Astrid Hofferson" he breathed out before dropping the lighter the trail of petrol.
"LEO NO!"
Too late.