Chapter 42

Chapter 41...
Hiccup sprinted to his car, pushing past other students that were coming out of their classes. He fiddled with the keys in his pocket, running to the car and trying to get them out of it. He had no clue where she was going to be or what she was planning on doing on but he knew it wasn't good. Hiccup had constant bad thoughts in his head, not knowing what he would find or whether he would get there in time. But he wasn't going to give up finding her.
Getting in his car, he started the engine and pulled out the car park. Although he didn't have any particular ideas of where she would be, he thought of a few places she would possibly be. First stop, her house.
He drove to her house, knocking on the door and looking through the window to see all the lights off and complete darkness. He couldn't her any movement inside either. Using the spare key Astrid gave him a while ago, he opened the door. He pushed the door hard, leaving it open as he checked all the rooms downstairs and ran upstairs to check each room.
Nothing.
Next location... Hiccup's house.
Driving like crazy, he accelerated to his house, seeing his mother was ok at work still. He unlocked the door and called out for Astrid, checking every room again.
Nothing.
Hiccup stopped and took a breath. He closed his eyes and put his hand to his forehead, rubbing it.
"Where are you Astrid?" He mumbled as he tried to think of where she would be. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.
"The beach! The beach, the beach, the BEACH!" He thought, the place where he and Astrid shared their first proper kiss.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
20 MINUTES LATER
Hiccup parked close to the beach. Running out his car, he stood on the ledge over looking the beach itself and where they shared their moment together.
"ASTRID!" Hiccup shouted out the top of his lungs.
Silence, except for the waves hitting the shore.
He collapsed to the ground, landing on his knees and burying his head in his hand. Tears formed in his eyes as he tried to think of where she could be.
"Hold on a sec..." He whispered to himself. Hissuo grabbed his phone it from his pocket, unlocking it with the profile photo of him and Astrid cuddling, opening Snapchat. He looked immediately to Snapchat maps and tried to find Astrid's location.
There she was.
*Astrid ❤ last seen 1 minute ago*
"I'm coming babe, hold on... for me..."
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Drop
Drop
Drop
Astrid was sat on a bridge, her legs dangling over there bottom with her arms lead on the fence around it. She was dropping small stones into the deep waterfall below, a strong current and rocky bottom.
Thousands of thought crossed her mind:
What was the point anymore.
No one loved her.
She had nothing to loose.
She screwed up everyone's life.
Leo bought the real Astrid out of her.
Did Hiccups really love her?
Astrid sighed in sadness. She took her phone out and unlocked the lock screen with a photo of Hiccup and her kissing at the beach a few weeks ago. She went onto Snapchat and went through her photos. There were so many photos and videos of them together. They were cuddling, kissing, laughing, smiling and having fun... They loved eachother.
But wad it real?
Astrid clicked on a video that caught her eye. It was a video of Astrid videoing Hiccup as he messed around with Toothless in his room, she was laughing at him which he realised so he ran to Astrid and tackled her to the bed. She was laughing harder and they began to play fight before Hiccup took her phone and zoomed into his face with his goofy grin. He kissed the camera before he turned the screen to Astrid. He leaves in and kissed Astrid before he said "I love you Astrid Hofferson" with a goofy grin. She returned the kiss before Toothless got in the way of them wanting a cuddle... of course they gave in.
Astrid closed her phone with a smile, millions of tears flooding her face as she remembered the happy memories. She closed her eyes as she got ready to do what she wanted to.
Astrid stood up and put her phone in her pocket. She moved her legs over the fence so she was now facing over the waterfall. Her hands were holding onto the side and her feet on the edge of the bridge. She watched the water fall over, listening to the sound of nature and the water crashing as it hit the bottom.
She took a breath.
She whispered.
"I'm sorry..."
One hand gently let go of the side and...
"ASTRID!!! STOP!!!"