Chapter 36

Chapter 36...
"H...Hiccup?" Astrid began to stir. Opening her eyes gently, adjusting to the light of the hospital room. She moved her hand to her forehead, rubbing it gently as it began to ache along with the rest of her body.
No Hiccup.
She turned to the side to see that there were a few get well soon cards. She smiled a little, moving her hand to collect one and read the positive messages inside it. All were mainly from the gang, some other school people and some teachers. She had been given balloons and some flowers. She didn't realise how many people actually cared for her except for Hiccup.
Quietly and drousily putting the cards down on the side, she took a breath, inhaling the smell of sanitizer and cleanliness. Suddenenly the door opened up, revealing Hiccup talking to the Doctor quietly.
"Hey babe..." She said a little drousily. Hiccup immediately stopped talking and turned his attention to Astrid.
"Astrid!" He ran over and sat on her bed next to her. He pulled her very close but not too much to hurt her. He stroked her hair with one hand and supported her shoulders with the other. Astrid smiled into his shoulder as he held her.
They gently pulled back as they were interrupted.
"Miss Hofferson, I'm glad you're awake..." he said as he came into the room. Hiccup took Astrid's head in his hand and kissed her all over. She chuckled slightly as he did but stopped when she felt a small pain in her abdomen.
"You ok?" Hiccup quickly looked back and stared into her eyes.
"Yeah just a little sore" she said looking in his eyes. She was looking for some reassurance but all she saw was pain and heartbreak in his eyes. She realised they were red and a little swollen, tear marks luminating down his cheek from the light of the room.
"Hiccup? Hiccup what's wrong?" She asked, wiping away the tear marks on his cheeks.
Hiccup looked back at the doctor who nodded to him, slowly leaving the two in the room. Hiccup moved his head back but didn't make eye contact with Astrid again.
"Hic-"
"-It's about the baby...Astrid..." he whispered, looking to the ground.
"What about it? Is it ok? Is it hurt? What did the doctor say?"
Silence.
"Hiccup?"
"The baby... didn't... m-make it..."
"W-what?" She choked.
"I...I'm so... s-sorry..." he began to cry. He knew it wasn't his baby, be wasn't the biological father... but he was ready to take on the world to be the best father he could and be there for Astrid whenever she needed him. But now... he couldn't...
Astrid completely broke down. As much as she hated the fact it was Leo's baby and he raped her intentionally, she was going to be there for her baby... yes HER baby and be there when the baby says it's first words, first steps, first day at school, first day in university and the rest. But now... She couldn't.
"It...it's all my fault!!!! I'm so useless!!! I can't keep a baby!!! My life is so fucked... I've fucked up your life and everyone else's!!!" She cried as they both cried together. They held eachother so tight, letting out all the feelings they could.
"You aren't useless...this isn't your fault... at all..." Hiccup cried as they hugged eachother.
They just held eachother tight. Tears falling from their eyes together. It wasn't their baby... but it was THEIR baby...