Chapter 35

Chapter 35...
BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
Hiccup was sat watching Astrid as she lay asleep in the hospital bed. He was holding her right hand gently stroking the top of it and brushing her fringe from her face. He sighed as he awaited the results from the doctor about Astrid and the baby.
Hiccup had ran into the hospital with Astrid in his arms, blood stained clothing and a head full of panic. The nurses immediately took her into a hospital room and began to do checks on her. He wasn't allowed in and was told he had to wait in the waiting room until they were sure she was stable and all the tests were done. That was 3 hours ago. They allowed him in the room approximately 20 minutes ago to stay with Astrid as the medical drug was being pushed around in her blood.
He was beginning to lose count of how many times he had been to the hospital. Everytime, flashbacks came back in his mind, seeing his father and Astrid in pain was tearing him apart, inside and out.
His thoughts were interrupted from a knock at the door.
KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK
"Come in..." Hiccup said, pulling his eyes away from Astrid to the door.
"Good afternoon Mr Haddock..." a nurse with short black hair and brown eyes walked in with a clipboard, smiling gently at him. She then walked over to the machine and recorded all of Astrid's Obs.
"How is she?" Hiccup said immediately as she placed the clipboard down once she stopped writing.
"She's recovering well, her heart rate and BP is going back to normal. She should wake up soon and be able to go home within the next few hours. We won't know properly until she wakes up."
"Ok," he breathed out in a thankful sigh. He kissed Astrid's hand as he heard the news. But remembered something he was going to ask. "What happened to her? Why was she bleeding?"
"It's not my place to say but I will go to get a doctor for you." She said gently as she began to walk out the room, closing the door quietly behind her. After closing the door, Hiccup stood up and moved closer to Astrid. He sat on the edge of her bed and kissed her forehead. He whispered in her ear.
"I love you, so much. No matter what happens you'll have me... always." He then rested his head on her pillow next to her, snuggling his nose into her neck, the feeling of the oxygen mask on her face exhaling on his skin. Closing his eyes, he breathed in her sweet scent of blueberry, smiling sweetly.
KNOCK
KNOCK
"Hello? Mr Haddock?" The door opened to reveal Dr Dylan with an IPad in his hand.
"Hey doctor," he came in and took Astrid's Obs again before moving to Hiccup.
"May I have a chat with you outside please?"
"Um, yes of course doctor." Hiccup followed him outside the room, closing the door behind.
"Is this about Astrid's results?"
"Yes Mr Haddock."
"Ok, is she ok?"
"Miss Hofferson is fine, everything is going back to normal and she should be able to leave soon."
"Oh thank god... what about the baby? Is the baby ok?"
The doctor simply gave him the look of sadness, and shook his head. He immediately knew what it meant. He didn't want to believe it at first. A slow tear slid down his cheek.
"I'm so sorry Mr Haddock, Miss Hofferson suffered a miscarriage..."