Chapter 1

Chapter 1...
2 YEARS AGO...
NO P.O.V...
A typical Monday at school. The joys of being in Year 11 and starting exams. Stress levels are high and minds are melting in confusion for revision. Let's just say... life is hard.
It was 1.30pm... lunch time... but that didn't mean eating or having a break. Astrid (16 years old) was sat at a table in the canteen, her revision notes scattered all around the place and stress levels tearing her from the inside out. Of course, nothing was staying in her head no matter how hard she tried.
"Common Astrid... focus...focus..." Astrid whispered to herself as she read over her notes, trying to block out the sound of the other students talking as they ate.
"What is it?!?! Neurotransmitter are... are... UGH!!" She sat back and rubbed her tired eyes. Who needed sleep? She stared at her notes for a while before getting back into writing key words.
Before she could even react, a flood of water was spilled over her notes and her lap.
"OH MY GOD!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!" She stood up from shock and anger from the sudden event.
"Oh my... I am so sorry!!!" She looked up to see a boy, about her age stood in shock, with black hair, brown eyes and pale skin. He was quite tall but very muscley aswell.
"It's alright..." She huffed in annoyance. "Guess I'll have to redo my notes all over again..."
"Honestly I am so sorry... I'll... I'll help you rewrite your notes and help you study! Yeah! I'll help you! What do you say? At least let me make it up to you?" The boy asked with his hand held out to her.
Astrid thought for a moment, thinking on whether to accept the offer or struggle more with more stress of doing notes again. "Screw it! I'll take the offer" Astrid said as she took his hand and shook it, sealing the deal.
He smiled. "Ok, I'm glad I can help. My name is Leo by the way," the boy said as he shook the deal.
"Mines Astrid..." they released their hands and there was an awkward silence.
"So... shall I meet you after school today? We can start then. I have chemistry so shall I meet you in the library?" Leo asked as he got towels to clean up the mess he created.
"Yeah sure. I have geography so that should be good." Astrid said.
"Cool, I'll meet you in the library then. 3pm sharp, don't be late! Or your tutor will not be impressed!" He said as he left Astrid to the sound of the bell for the next class.
She chuckled at his answer and began to pack up her stuff for class. "Alright, I'll see you there, bye!"
"Bye!"