Chapter 26

Chapter 26...
The car pulled up into Hiccup's driveway. It was around 3:30am by the time they arrived. Hiccup turned off the engine, causing the headlights to turn off and the inside car lights to turn on. They both sat in the car silent again, both resting their heads against the headrest. Astrid had her eyes closed still whilst Hiccup had his open just staring outside. He shifted his body slightly to look at her.
"You ready?" He whispered thinking she was asleep, but she replied with a suttle few nods.
As she began to move, the light of the car illuminated the sight of tear marks down her cheeks. Hiccup sighed as she got out of the car. Both closed the doors and Hiccup picked the car before they both walked up to the door.
After getting in, they closed the door behind them and tunes on the lights of the house. Astrid stood in silence, watching the floor as Hiccup went into the kitchen to get them some glasses of water. He came back, holding out a glass to her which she gladly accepted with a small smile.
After a few minutes of silence together, Astrid went searching for a first aid kit in the house. She came back with some cleaning solution, tape, cotton wool pads and bandages.
"Come on... sit" Astrid said as she sat on the sofa, putting everything on the small table in front of her.
"Astrid you don't have to do thi-" Hiccup began before being cut off.
"- Hiccup... sit... please..." she looked up at him with 'that' look. He sighed and gave in.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Hiccup was sat directly opposite to Astrid who was cleaning up his face and body. She used the solution to clean off the blood from his nose and his other cuts on his face before using the tape to close up the cuts and grazes. She then took hold of his hand which has bloody knuckles on from throwing punches at Leo. She cleaned then up with the solution again.
"Ouch" Hiccup cringed from the stinging sensation.
"I'm sorry" Astrid whispered looking up at him softly.
"It's ok... how are you feeling?"
"I'm... alright"
"You sure?"
"Yeah I'll be ok... eventually" Astrid said as she put the solution down and took hold of the bandages. "Why did you do that?"
"Do what?"
"Throw loads of punches at Leo? I know you wanted revenge but... I didn't think you wouldn't left him in that state."
"He needed to be taught a proper lesson, he should never have put a finger in you... In should have cone with you before, none if this would be happened if I was there with you. I'm so stupid!"
"Hiccup stop! You aren't stupid, you had to work that day anyway so please stop blaming yourself for it... none of it was your fault." She finished bandaging his hand up before taking it in hers properly and holding it. "Thank you... by the way"
"For what?"
"For everything you did... you protected me and practically saved me from... him..."
"You don't need to thank me... I'd do anything for you, you know that..."
Astrid nodded with a small smile as they looked at eachother deeply. All Astrid could see in front of her love and care for her. His forest green eyes deep with emotion.
They began to inch closer together before their lips met. Before they could deepen it, Astrid accidently touched her nose with his making him cringe in pain.
"Ah" he said as he pulled back. They both began to laugh before Hiccup held her hand again.
It was now 4:24am.
"Lets go to bed, you can borrow some of my clothes tonight to wear..."
"Thank you"
They both began to walk up the stairs to get ready for bed, turning out the lights behind them.
Hiccup let Astrid stay in the spare room next to his, knowing she would probably be uncomfortable to share a bed with him after what happened. She took the clothes Hiccup gave her: a top which was a bit oversized on her and some shorts. She went to the bathroom where she got changed and put her hair into a messy bun to sleep in.
After she came out ready, she went into Hiccup's room to borrow some mouthwash and clean her face. She came out to face a shirtless Hiccup, with his pyjama joggers on showing off his slim but muscular figure. She smiled and walked past him to his door where he followed. She turned around at his door.
"Goodnight Hiccup..."
"Goodnight Astrid" He moved his head in again for a goodnight kiss before his lips were blocked with her finger.
"Put a shirt on dragon boy" she smiled and walked off to her room, waving to him before closing her door.
Hiccup chuckled before closing his door and turning his light out.