Chapter 40

Chapter 40...
"Hi this is Hiccup, leave a message..."
"Hey...babe... Um... I know you're probably wondering why I'm leaving you a message rather than speaking to you normally but I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry. For everything. I never believed I would be here phoning you but... I guess I am. I keep holding back all these thoughts and having breakdowns that I haven't told you about because... because I'm not worth it. You don't deserve to have someone like me in your life, someone so worthless and stupid like me me. As long as Leo's around, I'm not safe... you aren't safe with me. I love you so much, you have no idea how much you meant to me Hiccup. I will always love you but I guess for now... It's goodbye. I love you Hiccup Haddock..."
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Guys come on, I wanna get out of this hell hole!" Hiccup chuckled as him, Tuffnut and Fishlegs left their lesson and were walking to their locker to put there stuff away. They had finished their last lesson of the day and Hiccup was planning to go home and get ready to take Astrid out to celebrate the beginning of their exams and luck.
All of them had put their books away and were about to leave the school.
"Oh shit, I forgot to grab my revision notes from this morning, you guys go ahead. I'll chat later!" Hiccup said as he began to walk away, shouting back at the others as the distance increased between them.
Hiccup collected his papers and notes, thanking the teacher before leaving and walking down the corridor. As he walked he heard muffled speech from somewhere. He stopped and listened. It was unclear but sounded like a groan. He followed the noise where it lead to an empty room.
Hiccup opened the door where it was in darkness but could make out a figure on the floor groaning. He turned the light on to see... Leo.
"What the fuck are you doing in here?" Hiccup raised his voice as he closed the door behind him with a loud bang, making Leo look to the doorway.
"Having a nap, what does it look like?" Leo said sarcastically.
"Whatever..." Hiccup breathed out not caring and closing the door behind him as he was leaving before he saw something... one of Astrid's necklaces on the floor.
A red mist filled Hiccup's mind before he dropped his book and notes with force and stormed back in the room where he picked Leo up by his top and pinned him hard to the wall.
"What did you do to her!"
"Nothing... unfortunately..."
"Why can't you leave her alone!" Hiccup punched him in the face. He then remembered him being on the floor. "Was Astrid the one that left you on the ground..."
"Yeah she did and then the stupid bitch ran off somewhere..." he said spitting in Hiccup's face.
Hiccup threw him to the ground where he hit his head and got knocked back out again. He quickly got his phone out to see it was on silent and he had a missed call from Astrid and a voicemail. He immediately opened his phone and dialled the number to hear the voicemail.
"Voicemail from Astrid at 13:18pm. "Hey... babe....""
Hiccup stood listening to the message, the mention of Leo made him look at his knocked out form on the floor. Tears formed in his eyes with every word he heard in the message.
""... I love you Hiccup Haddock..." end of message..."
"No... No no no no NO!"
Hiccup ran out of the room, forgetting his work and leaving Leo on the floor.
He was going to find Astrid before it was too late.