Chapter 55

Chapter 55...
"Hiccup... just leave me alone..."
"Astrid... please I don't want you to be alone, you don't need this."
"Hiccup.... leave me... please..."
After leaving the hospital, the two got in the car and drove back home. The gang had all heard what had happened and were all upset to hear the news. Rather than going to Hiccup's house, Astrid asked Hiccup to drive to her house. She didn't want anyone right now in her life, everyone was leaving her... maybe even Hiccup.
Astrid got out the car and walked up to her house, leaving Hiccup behind in the drivers seat and not looking back. Quickly, Hiccup got out of the car and followed Astrid trying to hold her hand to calm her down but every time he held it, she snatched her hand away and continued walking.
"Astrid stop!"
"No leave me alone!"
"I won't let you be alone!"
"HICCUP!"
Astrid stopped and turned around to face Hiccup. Her eyes were res and puffy, her face was pale and he saw anger and sadness. She was heavily breathing and raged.
"LEAVE ME THE FUCK... ALONE!"
She continued walking and opened the door to her house, slamming it behind her in Hiccup's face and matching away.
Hiccup tried to open the door to follow but it was locked the second it closed. But that wasn't going to stop him from talking to her. He got on his knees and lifted the letter box lid to speak through it and try to get through to Astrid.
"Astrid... you just lost both your parents in one night... I understand that you want to be left alone but that isn't what you need. You just want to curl up in a ball and block out the world around you. But you can't!"
"What would you know! You haven't just lost your parents!" Hiccup heard her say through the letter box whcih made him a little mad.
"I lost my father years ago! I've been in the exact same position as you! And I learnt that bottling up everything inside and hiding myself away from society made me feel like shit! So don't you say I don't understand what your feeling because I DO!"
"And now your mum is back! You have a mum! I DONT! I DONT HAVE A MUM OR DAD... ALL MY FAMILY ARE DEAD! ITS JUST ME!"
"You know what! I wish you would just open the door and except my help... but you won't. So I'm gonna go. Call me when you're not being as pathetic and learn to accept the people that want to help you." Hiccup stood up and marched back to his car, driving away in anger and despair.
Throughout the whole conversation, Astrid was sat on the stairs, her head against the wall and wiping away the tears into her jumper. She heard the sound of car tyres outside leaving in the distance.
Astrid ran up the stairs, passing the open door to her parents room and into her room, slamming the door and slumping onto her bed.
She finally released the tears and screamed into her pillow, each tear soaking the fabric. She was depressed and angry.
She turned her head to the side of her pillow. There was a photograph of Astrid's family when she was three years old building sand castles at the beach with her mum and dad. They were all smiling and laughing in the photo. They were happy.
Astrid picked up the photo and stroked it with her fingers. Then it hit her. Since then, she hardly ever had time with them because they were always away on business. They put their jobs before their daughter first. That made her angry.
She threw the photograph in the frame at the wall where the games shattered into pieces and slumped to the group. She then threw her belongings around in an upset rage, clothes, toys, books and others flew around the room.
Astrid's face was red and her eyes were full of tests to be released. She looked down and realised she was wearing her necklace... her locket. Her locket with her photos of her family in... but that didn't mean anything to her anymore... because they were gone.
She trapped the locket and tugged the chain hard so the necklace broke off her neck. She opened the locket to see the picture again and snapped the heart in two, throwing the necklace hard as the chain broke.
Astrid burst out again in a breakdown, collapsing to her knees and holding her hands over her head, digging her nails into her scalp.
Astrid really was alone after all.