Chapter 27

Chapter 27...
Hiccup woke up to the sound of crying. It was muffled but he would hear it slightly. He checked the time to see it was only 5:32am. It was still very dark outside, no sunlight for another hour or so.
He rubbed his face and eyes open, yawning ad his vision became clearer. He slowly got up out of bed, stretching his muscles, showing his toned upper body and shuffled towards the door.
Opening it he heard someone shouting.
"NO get off me!!! Please!!! Stop it!"
He moved closer to the door Astrid was in to hear the noises coming from inside. She could hear her heavily breathing from behind the door and silent crying.
He slowly opened the door as it made a small creak. The room was dark but the glow of the room illuminated some of the darkness. It was shining on Astrid gently revealing her tossing and turning in her sleep. Her skin was glowing from tear marks and sweat and her breathing was very heavy.
Hiccup walked carefully over to her, turning on her bedside light.
"No please! Stop it!" She shouted as she cried.
"Astrid? Hey Astrid!" He lightly whispered, gently shaking her body. After a few attempts to wake her, she woke up in a panic and stated to hit Hiccup.
"WOAH WOAH WOAH! Astrid hey it's me!" He kept getting hit until he managed to grab a hold of her hands and name her stop.
"H-Hiccup?" She looked at him with tears in her eyes.
"...It's me..." he gave her a sad smile and gently rubbed his thumb against hers.
Astrid then embrassed Hiccup, hugging his bare chest and crying into it. He jolted in shock at first but then rested his head on top of hers and wrapped his arms around her body, holding her close.
"I-I'm so sorry Hiccup! I didn't m-mean to hit you! I-I thought you were... you were..."
"Leo? Is that what you were dreaming about?"
"...Yeah... Everytime I close my eyes... all I could see was... was"
"Its ok... I understand... are you ok?"
"I... I think so... now..." Astrid sniffed as she took a breath.
He gently moved back so he could look at her. He stroked her cheek and moved to get up. He gently stood up and held his hand out to hers. She gladly took it and got out of the bed. He lead her to his room, closing the door to her room behind them.
He let her into his room and closed the door behind him. When he turned around, she was stood fiddling with her fingers and looking at the floor. Hiccup sighed and walked over to her.
"Come on, let's get some proper sleep." He moved back the covers on his bed so they could both climb in. She smiled at him and got into bed, resting her head on the pillow and pulling the covers. Hiccup joined her, doing the same as her.
As they were lead in bed, they were both facing eachother, smiling. Astrid slowly shuffled closer to Hiccup so her head was now resting on his bare chest, listening to his heart beat. Hiccup gently kissed her head and sighed.
"Goodnight Hiccup"
"Goodnight Astrid"
He closed his eyes.
"I though I said about putting a shirt on dragon boy?" Astrid giggled.
"You expect me to keep this raw manliness contained?" He chucked.
"Whatever... besides-" She snuggled closer to him and sighed. "-this is perfect..."
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Meanwhile...
Leo slowly opened his eyes, waking up dizzy and in pain. He moved his swollen hard to his face, wiping off some of the blood from his nose and touching his black eye.
Cautiously he got up and stumbled as he tried to stand. Everything throbbed and he could feel his heart beat in his head... a typical hangover.
As he stumbled into his feet, he grabbed hold of a shelf. Looking up, he saw a photo of him and Astrid together. She he was smiling as Astrid was kissing his cheek.
Anger took over him as he remembered what happened... Hiccup Haddock.
"I... I am coming for you Astrid Hofferson!" He threw the picture to the ground... the glass shattered into pieces.