Ch 0/1. The Start

"Okay F/N, are you ready for the test?" 

               Dr. Bran asks me strictly, like he always does.

I nod my small head emotionlessly, without blinking for even a second.

"Accepted, the test will now commence."

-

"So, is this is the famous child-prodigy Dr. Ratri told me so much about?" 

             Grandma Sarah asks Dr. Bran with her hands folded. She looks down at me with her cold, grey eyes, as if she were eyeing a stray dog in the middle of an empty street, waiting to get hit. I fearfully turn my head to face the computer in front of me.

"Yes, her identification number is 293-39. Her IQ is approximated to be over 350."

        Grandma stares at me with wide eyes after hearing the almost unbelievable news, her eyes narrow as they lock vision with my dull E/c eyes. But then she blinks- and sends me a smile that makes my veins feel full of sand.

"How old is 293-39?" 

Grandmother asks Dr. Bran once again, to which he quickly responds with:

"She is 4 years of age in human years, her knowledge is truly frightening. And at such a young age.  What do you wish to do with her, Grandmother Sarah?" 

Grandma Sarah stops to think for a moment, then smirks again.

"Send her to plantation 3. Dr. Ratri shall approve of this decision."

        I look over at Dr. Bran, who seems to be quite conflicted by Grandma Sarah's undesirable and unrashional decision. To be honest, I feel conflicted by this as well. 

"What!? But Grandmother, this child is far too great to go in one of the Grace Field plants! She won't learn or grow at all if she goes there, the tests are are too simple for her! She also won't be of any use to the-"

"Silence." 

        Grandma Sarah interrupts him, obviously feeling annoyed by his ongoing blabbering, or at least that's how I took it.

"I have my reasons. Reasons you have no right of knowing about."

After that, I remember being taken into a crowded room with several other young babies. Mostly newborn and 1 year old babies. A couple of days later, I remember being put in a black haired woman's arms, as if I was a useless child who couldn't even walk by herself. I hated it.