Chapter 44 - Suicide Squad (Lol, sorry)

"Five left. Bring it on."

       Lucas whispers to himself with confidence, walking through the deserted hallways of his once-home shelter. Originally, he had planned to die in this place because it would be impossible to survive against 5 men, or at least he thought. But when F/N volunteered to join, and gave good reasoning as well, he realized that maybe not everyone has to die here. 

       Stopping his thoughts, he lifts his gun and points it at the roof.

"Focus."

      He takes a deep breath in, then pulls the trigger. He keeps his flinger on the button for five seconds, shooting repeatedly at the ceiling and walls until they're just rubble. The noise echoes through the rest of the hallways, attracting attention to his location. The enemy's agents can't possibly not hear the clamor, but hesitate to lead themselves to it.

It's the South Hallway, one man thinks. Numbers unconfirmed.

       It's an obvious trap. They're waiting for us to arrive.

The agent scurries behind a wall, scanning the halls in front of him. Quietly and silently, invisible, a short girl with h/c hair and oversized protective clothing appears behind him, however, not catching his eye. She aims for his head, and fires with hesitation.

      Just one shot, not two or three. 

"Maybe I should have aimed for your groin."

      She tells the fallen corpse. She smiles through her oxygen mask, squinting her eyes at the displeasing sight of the man's open head.

"Ew." 

       She wishes she could have granted him a slower, more agonizing death, but that would waste her time. Carefully stepping over the body as to not dirty her boots, she senses the presence of another enemy in the area.

     She grins, although her smile isn't visible due to the safety of her mask. She pretends not to feel the amount of oxygen in the room decrease due to the man's arrival, and swiftly evades the single bullet aimed at her left leg.

"If you had shot my head, I'd be dead."

       She informs the man, a touch of playfulness and joy can be recognized in her voice, making up for the lack of expression visible on her face. The agent tries to run away, shooting mercilessly at where he thinks the girl's located. Shit, I've got to be careful, I can't kill her, it's the Boss's orders!

      A last shot of her gun ends the enemy's life. Another pitiful body falling to the ground, soon to be infected by flies and maggots. Seems fair, considering the size of their brains are equivalent to that of a cockroach.

"F/N!"

       I hear a familiar voice shout. Lucas waves his arm to catch my attention, and I hide directly behind him. Behind the man I just shot and killed are two more, one of them behind the light-headed guy who insulted Emma. The nerve a pest like him holds in commendable.

"Stay behind me."

       He orders. He puts his arm out in front of me to stop my movement, but I yank it down and hold up my gun.

"I volunteered to do this 'cause I knew I wouldn't die. Don't treat me like a kid. Right now and always, I'm your equal."

       Yugo is on the other side of the hallway, and I realize that when I spot his pitch-black hair hiding behind a wall. He aims and shoots at one of two enemy's heads, ending the smaller one instantly. The Boss man, Andrew, backs up into a safe corner, and Yugo joins me and Lucas. He shoots me a smirk, which I can see because he lifts his mask for a small second just to smile.