Chapter 50 - Fifty/Fifty

"BOSSETTE!!!"

      I laugh and open my arms wide. I tumble backwards as I'm met by the larger bodies of two tall teens: one male, one female.

"Bossette? That's the dumbest thing you've ever called me!"

      I let them know amidst the heartfelt hug. Barbara pulls back and laughs snarkily, only giving Cislo more space to hug me tighter.

"See? I told you, dumbass! Bossette is a dumb title, she prefers to be called the Detonator!"

"The Detonator? No, I am the self-appointed Bomb Maker/Setter-Offer!"

       I defend my intelligent title, the only title I will respond to besides Margaret and Boss. Definetly not Bossette, though. That's... That's dumb!

Cislo lets go of the hug and starts cackling with his arms holding his stomach in a laughing fury.

"See, Barbara!? I told you it was something dumb and funny!"

      I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"It is neither dumb nor is it funny. It's straight to the point and easy to remember."

"If you say so, Boss!"

"Now stop calling me Boss, we're closer than that!"

        The three of us sit and down and chat for a bit while Norman and some of the other residents here show the Grace Field and Goldy Pond kids their rooms. I almost forgot how warm and large the houses here at paradise are. The kids are going to have a blast with their brand new beds and baths and-god bless-toilets!!! I used the private one in my room before meeting up with the gang.

"Yes, it is quite fortunate that the Boss and your's family just so happened to be in the same location as you and Hayato at the time of the mission. What are the chances?"

       Vincent rambles, lifting his glasses up to the brink of his nose ever-so-slightly with just a gust of his finger. Zazie sits next to him, keeping to himself as always.

"That reminds me!"

     I blurt out, attracting all four pairs of eyes to me.

"I got all of you guys a gift!"

"A gift?"

      Cislo repeats, tilting his head slightly.

"Yep, a super cool one. Oh, and it's edible, which makes it even coolor. It made me think of Zazie, so I brought 'em!"

      I get up out of my seat and hurry over to where Svetlana stands. I ask her for the basquet I brought from outside, and she goes to retrieve it quickly before coming back and handing it over. I skip cheerfully back to the table and ready myself to gift the gift.

"What is that?"

      Barbara asks, snooping around with just her eyes. Cislo tries to sniff out whatever is inside, but he fails because this gift doesn't have a particularly strong smell.

"A basquet."

I respond. Barbara dead-eyes me. Oh really? I had no idea!  Her eyes tell.

"A basquet full of... Stickers!!!"

       I open it and pull out miltiple cute and colorful stickers and badges out of it, placing them all on the table. Gillian made these few for all the kids here at the base. There should be plenty to go around, 'cause she spent weeks at a time making various options of stickers while me and Emma were unconcious. Or so I heard.