Chapter 27 - The NoNo Area

"It's here."

Ray informs the group. With Mujika and Sonju's help, they managed to survive long enough to finally find the BO6-32 shelter. The location it's in is completely deserted. A plain wasteland where no demons will be found wandering around, thank the heavens.

       At first, they couldn't seem to find the shelter anywhere and thought that Mr. Minerva had been a downright liar  and probably just sent them to their deaths! But after closer investigation, they realized that it would have been too obvious for the shelter to be out in the open, and eventually, they found a trap door leading underground.

"So it really does exist, and Minerva isn't a liar!"

"Let's go."

       Emma steps into the underground vault first. She climbs down the ladder, soon followed by Chris, then everyone else.

Once having reached the ground, she pulls out her lantern and walks through the dusty halls cautiously.

"So past this hallway is the shelter!?"

        Lanni asks Emma excitedly, Thoma by his side as always.

"Should be."

Past the hallway, as Lanni very excitedly mentioned, is indeed their shelter! Yay!  There are various doors with signs with numbers on them, such as 106, 107, etcetera. The ceiling is curved, and the floor is tiled.

"Emma! There's someone in that room; I hear noises!"

      Jemima rushes to Emma's side, grabs her hand, and points to the noisy area. Is that chewing? The room doesn't have a number, so it might not be a bedroom.

Emma heads slowly towards the room, Jemima following close behind. Everyone else crowds around the two girls, meanwhile Emma knocks on the door. There's no response, so she opens it steadily.

"Hey there."

Emma hears a man's voice say. His voice is grown up, masculine, and mature. She's never heard a voice like it before Sonju's. This man, Emma thinks,  has no manners!

      He sits down on a chair with his legs spread out on the table in front of him. Behind him are various monitors which are currently turned off. He smells kind of bad, is eating different types of delicious-looking cookies, and is apparently sipping from an empty cracked mug.

So he's sipping air?!?!

      Nat thinks, making an obvious face of disapproval.

And the way he's wearing his clothes... is sloppy. I mean, it's unique, if you wanna call it that, but it's not matching...

      Gilda observes the man's clothes, trying not to cringe. (She fails).

'He's weird.'          'Nothing like we expected.'          'Is it really Minerva?'          'Mmm, cookies.'

"Are you Mr. Minerva?"

Emma finally asks what everyone else has been wondering. The mannerless man chuckles, then turns that smile upside down into a frown.

"Nope."

"Then can you let us see him? We came here to talk to Mister Minerva."