Chapter 54 - Eyes Shattered with Glass

I learned from a young age that I enjoyed walking amongst nature. Helena, Abby and I would walk and climb the tallest, most dangerous trees we could find. These trees homed birds and their stick-made nests that inside kept their eggs warm. I remember feeling like that. Like I was protected inside a sturdy, warm nest on the top of the tallest of mountains where no harm could get to me, and I'd live my days inside that nest until it crumbled.

      "It'll be okay, N/N."

The Boss assures me when he notices my lost in thought, staring at the leaves.

"What?"

"Everything will turn out perfectly."

"I know it will, idiot. It's my plan, after all. I'm just trying to calm myself down before I pass out."

       The drugs I was dealt at Lambda affected directly my amygdala, making me weaker and less capable of handling tension and threat. I don't produce as much cortisol as normal people should, so when I get too stressed out or in this case, disgusted, my body absently fails me and I pass out. Sucks to suck.

     After a bit more walking and bird-gazing through the trees, I start to laugh.

"We don't have power?"

     I ask myself loud enough for the boss to hear. He turns his head, ears ready to listen to the rambles I'm about to ramble until we return to Paradise.

"These bastards are so dense, aren't they? Allow us to self-govern? They can keep the farm facilities? It's all a lie, they're just our pawns. Idiots."

     Norman always chuckles whenever I speak of my hatred towards the bastards. I take off my coat and tie it around my waist, finally. I was sweating my butt off in there, the whiteness didn't help.

"It will be war,"

     Is what I told Barb, Ciz, Vince and Zaz before I left towards Goldy Pond with Hayato months ago.

"and we will win this revolution without spilling blood. If us children and demons collide, even at our best we will suffer some casualties. That's why we won't send our children to fight."

"I don't understand."

      Barbara admits with confusion. I grin and pick up one of the chess pieces Vincent was using to play against himself. He doesn't defend against my cruelty, instead he only sighs.

"I'm paying attention."

     He assures me.

"Good."

     I reply.

"We will let bastards destroy bastards."

"And to have them mutually destruct is what you're going for."

"Good job, Vincey."

      Barbara, Cislo and I laugh. The boss folds his arms, never joining the laugher when others, even our closest friends, are nearby or present. He's always so cold and strict towards the others. 

      Although I did create the plan, when I first presented it to the Boss, he said it included too much unnecessary torture and time, so he helped me shape it into the boring but bullet-proof plan it is today. Dumb Norman.

"N/N, once we return home, I'd like you to have a word with Ray."

     The Boss suddenly informs me as I kick a small little pebble around while I walk. I accidently kick it too far and now it's out of my reach.