Ch 8. Promise

"Wait, Emma, you're seriously thinking about letting N/N escape with us?"

The 5 kids are holding a secret meeting outside while doing laundry.

"Yeah Don, I am."

"But why!? She doesn't deserve it! She's happily watched as several innocent kids got taken by those horrible people, yet you think bringing her is a good idea!?"

Ray yells at Emma, then looks at Norman.

"You disagree with bringing that traitor, right Norman!?"

"Nope. I think she should come as well."

"WHAT!?!?"

Both Ray and Don yell simultaneously.

"Guys, why do you think traitors betray people?"

Everybody falls silent at Norman's question, then Ray speaks up.

"Obviously because they gain something in return for their actions."

Says Ray.

"Exactly. I'm not saying we should bring her just yet, but we have to learn the reason for her betrayal. If she knows about the secret but won't really intervene, we can take her. We know that she is aware of the house's secret, and she's obviously intervening by doing those secret tests."

Everybody listens to Norman's explanation. Ray huffs disappointedly.

"Exactly! That's all the more reason we should leave her here!"

"Ray, you're not thinking logically right now. Why is it that you're always so irrational when it comes to N/N?"

Ray stays silent to Norman's question, but replies a few moments after.

"I'm not being irrational. I'm simply stating the truth, she's a traitor. She doesn't deserve to come."

"Are you sure? Think about it, Ray. She never really did anything that affected us. Maybe it's not her fault she knows the secret of the house. She could just be trying to survive without sabotaging our escape. I also can't think of ways our escape would affect her."

After hearing that, Gilda pointed out a fault in Norman's logic.

"But if we escape, then the bad people will lose over thirty children. Since N/N-sorry, F/N, is obviously very smart according to what Conny said, and she's of age, the bad people probably wouldn't hesitate to take her. Right?"

But Norman quickly corrects her.

"That would be the case normally, but I don't think the bad people plan on taking F/N soon. If they did, she would already be shipped out, regardless on if she helps them or not. The questions she answers aren't really very important, they're just about our personality. So there must be a different reason for her still being alive. One that even the bad people can't control."

Ray goes speechless. Don opens his mouth, but nothing comes out. Unexpectedly, I walk into their conversation holding a white ball in my hands.

"Hey guys. Phil and the others asked if you wanted to play Tag. I'm in, are you?"