Chapter 16 - George Andrews

The racing girl Don caught glimpse of in the forest is now out of his line of sight, but Don is to shocked to move or react.

     Was that N/n?

He asks himself, the panic meeting every inch of his body, inside and out.

     What is she doing!? Why is she heading towards the gate? The plan was for her to wait until the escape, not to go do things her own way!

"Don, what's wrong?"

     Don reacts to the sound of Gilda's voice. He tells her his intentions.

"I have to go get Emma and Ray now!"

"Wait, slow down, what happened!?"

"I think I saw F/N in the forest. She was heading in the direction of the gate! You tell Ray, I'll tell Emma."

"Wait, what!? O-Okay!"

-

"Good morning 26194. Or how do your siblings address you? F/N?"

"It's N/N, bitch."

I say, struggling to catch my breath. The woman laughs as if she heard a joke.

What happened? Was I knocked out? Don't tell me those filthy monsters touched my beautiful face!

I watch as the elderly lady finishes off the papers in front of her, sitting on her desk. There are multiple folders lying there on her desk. What a boring job.

"I'd watch your language if I were you, F/N."

She says with a smile, almost as if teasing me. I smile back in a friendly manner. Bitch. Fricking old hag.

"We've been looking all over for you, are you aware? You're indispensable, F/N. Truly a gift from the Heavens, for it is thanks to you Grace Field has become the #1 farm in all the kingdom. We are truly grateful."

"My pleasure."

"Why, aren't you a funny one."

The old haggedy-hag hag has neat grey hair tucked into a bun, and wrinkles, which have completely taken over her face. It must suck being old and ugly.

"I take it you came here for a reason? None of my children nor grandchildren ever visit me out of the goodness of their heart. They always want something."

"Wow. Seems like your old age hasn't affected your intelligence. Nice guess, hit the jackpot with that one."

I find myself laughing at my outburst, and even more-so when the hag refuses to laugh alongside me.

"For a child of Isabella, you seem to be lacking any manners. How unfortunate."

"Are you going to hear what I want or not? 'Cause if you're not going to do as you're told, I might as well make this wound on my head even larger. Bigger is better, so they say."

I touch the large gash on my head (achieved by self-harm) and start to little-by-little add more pressure with my fingers until the blood leaks through the bandages.

"I'll hear your request."

"Great."

I reply. I look at the two monsters (or demons, according to the trio) behind me, most likely there for security. My personal bodyguards, if you will; here to protect me from harming myself.