ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 36 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The walls in this house seem larger than usual, and this poor boy's shoulders are rock-hard and tense.

"Zack, are you sure you're alright?"

        I ask the tall boy who delicately caresses his injured nape.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

      He retaliates mischievously. A small chuckle escapes my lips. I don't know what it is, maybe his appearance or his personality, but he reminds me a bit of Ray. These two are just so cocky.

      I'm turned back to reality when several small parts of gold hit the ground. Emma was right, after all. Bastards truly do let their guards down when they're infatuated and/or focused on their prey. When Leuvis held Zack up, I was able to shoot his mask easily right in that damned center of its.

           Incredible!! They destroyed my mask, that was more than I'd expected. They caught me off-guard somehow, and quickly moved to shoot me in the center of my face, not even underneath the mask as would be easiest but less impactful!! Flawless... They managed to create an entirely new and distinct plan in the spur of the moment! I accept the challenge..!

      We managed to plan ahead and stop his movements by luring him into a closed space. He's going to notice now, however, that he's at a too-big disadvantage, and immediately head outside, where he has more space to do as he pleases; at least that's what he thinks we think.

         In a normal situation (as normal as it can be when you're having a death-match with a supernatural living being who's roamed the Earth since your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents' time), that would usually be the case, but Leuvis is smarter. He knows what we want, and knows what we'll do; that's why the only way to win is to pull every hair off his chinny-chin-chin! (Bad attempt at a rhyme, I can only write so much at a time!)

       The top-hatted runs outside of the building, grabbing on tight to his coat. A horrifying grin is displayed bluntly on his face. He has three eyes, I think, small but thick. Why is its skin so... wrinkly..? I guess he is pretty ancient.

"YAAH!!"

Emma shouts, throwing a metallic-green object onto the floor in front of the bastard. It's not one of my bombs, but instead a grenade made here, by Lucas and the kids from Goldy Pond.

Another bomb? No, this one is shaped differently. No matter what it is, I've already been hit by one of these insignificant obstacles today. I won't be fooled twice.

       He impales the grenade with his claws, and throws it over to where Hayato hides. I shoot the flying object mid-air successfully to secure Hayato's safety. There were only two outcomes that could have come from unleashing that grenade: Leuvis falls for it (very unlikely) and gets blinded by the hidden flash bomb inside, losing both his sight and damaging the majority of the rest of his senses as well, or he evades the attack as it's already been done once before. The fantasy-outcome was the first one, obviously, but I should've expected he'd go with the second. Luckily, we did expect as much.

"What is this?"

       He inspects the strange brown liquid on his nails. The grenade's interior was laced with melted chocolate in case it was broken or opened. I was eating chocolate and had an idea, that's where it came from. The main objective here is mostly to confuse him, then counterattack with another flash bomb, which he'll let explode.