Chapter 28 - Family Reunion

"It's over."

Emma sighs once we finally reach the middle of town. This whole place is a bunch of houses and well-pathed streets. There's so much potential here for a shelter, but the real Minerva just had to go get himself killed and let this place be turned into a hunting ground, didn't he? It's not his fault, though. I'm all jokes, don't be offended, Norman.

"Violet, Margaret, what happened!? Why was the hunt over less than an hour after it started!?"

Oliver runs up to us in a panic with Zack, Pepe, and Sonya close behind him. Emma looks down at me in confusion: Margaret?  Her eyes ask me. I ignore her and respond to Oliver.

"I'd like you to meet an old friend. This is Emma, an escapee."

The four teenagers look Emma up and down, wondering what she has to do with anything.

"Is she with you and Hayato?"

"No. Call it fate that we managed to reunite today, Violet is our witness."

       Violet shrugs, and Oliver turns his attention back to me.

"Does she have something to do with the hunt's sudden end?"

"Well, about that-"

      "BOSS!!"

A boyish voice calls out to me. Thank god Hayato is safe, I couldn't pick him up because I got carried away with Emma. I have to admit, I was a bit worried.

"Okay, everyone listen up, here's a quick redaction of what went down: Emma was trying to save some kids from a big bastard and hit his eye with an axe. Then, a big bastard- sorry, poacher- with a hat came in to catch the weapon, but I slowed him down with bullets and now we're all in danger 'cause they're probably mad."

     "..."

     The kids stand speechless. Oliver turns to Violet for clarification, but she just shrugs again. My girl Violet isn't much of a talker, as you can see.

"You- you mean to say you... killed... Luce..?"

"Luce? Is that what he's called? I mean, used to be anyways."

      Oliver flinches, staring me dead in the eyes. Uh-oh, is he angry?

"I need to get you two to Lucas, now!"

-

"This is bad."

Oliver leans onto the table, rubbing his forehead with obvious stress.

"No, we can make this good."

Lucas replies confidently, gaining the attention of all the children. How can this be good? The demons are going to call in reinforcements and we'll be done for!  That's what everyone else is thinking.

"We're going to shut down this hunting ground. Emma, Margaret, Hayato, we need all your help."

"Wait, but I need to understand what's happening here. So you're saying that you were all planning to put an end to this place by the next hunt, but since I killed that demon, your plan is now useless and I just put you all at risk!?!?"

      Emma worries and pulls her hair. She must be feeling guilty, but she really has no reason too. Logically, this is better than anything we could have hoped for. All 10 people here are bound to learn that soon.