Ch 6. Enemy?

"Also, I think we should tell N/N about this too."

.

Wait, what?

"Exactly, I was thinking that as well."

Norman responds, noddingaqz his head in agreement. Then he continues,

       "N/N is the oldest kid here, and she might not be the smartest, but she does still get pretty high scores on her tests. She'll probably be the next kid to get shipped out too, so it's definitely better if she knows."

I mean, their logic make sense. But I'd much rather help them in secret. Group work isn't really my thing, never really was.

"And lastly, Ray most likely wouldn't panic. And because of his extensive knowledge, he's good with machines, too. I'm sure we can depend on both Ray and N/N.

But..." 

Norman suddenly stops, causing Emma to say 

"But?"

"I'll talk to Ray myself, then the three of us will go talk to N/N. So why don't you go back and-"

Norman unanticipatedly gets interrupted by a low-voiced emo 11 year old child. I'm sure we all know who I'm talking about.

"Why?"

Emma and Norman flinch after hearing Ray speak up and slowly emerge from the short bushes.

"Ray!"

Emma exclaims in shock. Maybe I should make my grand appearance as well. 

Nah, I'll wait.

                                 "Yo."

-

Ray really scared the crap out of Norman and Emma, but luckily, they all managed to get along in the end.

But shockingly, I heard something I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to hear.

"I like Emma, but N/N treated me in such a sisterly way that if I choose Emma over her, I'll never be able to forgive myself. I don't want to choose between them, which is why I'll make sure they're both always smiling."

Those 25 words keep repeating in my head constantly. Norman thinks of me as a sister? I know lots of kids love me and think of me as family, but knowing I mean so much to someone when the only reason I'm staying with them is to stay alive and happy...

But it was fun to watch Emma and Ray fight about who they will be bringing on the escape. Honestly, I don't know how Ray thought Emma wouldn't want to bring everyone in our family.

I hear many kids wowing at the two new people in front of them. I almost forgot that Mama told me about our new guests yesterday. Also, oh my gosh that red haired baby is ADORABLE.

"Ooooooh." 

Yvette oohs  in amazement at the sight of a new sibling and a new dark-skinned adult.