Ch 1. New Life

"N/N, come on! Wake up!"

Naila, Phil, and Emma tug on my tired body in an attempt to wake me up. Fortunately for them, they succeeded. But not fortunate for me, because I'm still exhausted from all that work I had to get done last night.

"Ugh, what time is it?"

I ask the little ones, then continue to yawn. I slowly lift my body off the bed and rub my eyes harshly.

"It's seven a.m. Breakfast is almost ready, so get changed and I'll wait for you outside the door."

Emma informs me nice and politely; not to mention happily and energetically.

"Okay, I'm coming Emma. Naila, Phil, I'll be down in a sec."

"Okay N/N!"

They both yell simultaneously with their small little hands in the air. They jump off my bed excitedly and Naila jumps to open the door. Luckily for her, she succeeded.

"I'll wait for you here N/N!"

Emma tells me again, but more enthusiastically than before. If that's even possible. I do as Emma ordered me to do and put on my washed white uniform. I carefully put on my clean brown boots and yawn again.

"Man, am I tired or what?"

Yesterday, mom let me play outside with the rest of the children, but unfortunately, that meant I had to do my extra tests in the evening.

So I stayed up all night just so I could get those papers finished. If I miss even one of those tests, then I will immediately get shipped out. But instead of being some fabulous monster's brunch, I'll just go to one of the newest experimental farms, called Lambda 7214.

And boy do I NOT want to go there.

Of course, none of the other children here have to do their extra tests. They don't even know I do extra tests.

"Children, are you all ready to take your daily tests?"

Mama asks us all, to which we all reply with:

"Yes Mama!"

"Alright, go!"

To be honest, these tests aren't hard at all. To me, atleast. But that doesn't mean I want to get a perfect score. I want to seem like a normal kid to all 37 of the children. Not that I profit from it. I just- Why do I want to seem average?

We starts doing the tests immediately, then I think:

"The answer to this one is 951,715, which is C. But I'll answer D."

My goal for the daily tests isn't to get a perfect score of %300, but instead to achieve a perfect score of %200, which isn't too ordinary, but it's imperfect enough for the kids to congratulate me.

Hehe, I like being congratulated.

Since to most of the others here, the Daily tests are impossible, achieving a little more than half is still a big milestone, so I won't get shipped out because I got just half wrong.

"The answer to this one is F, I'll get this one right and the next one wrong."

-