⋆꙳•̩̩͙❅*̩̩͙‧͙ ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ‧͙*̩̩͙❆ ͙͛ ˚₊⋆

Mama opens the house's wooden doors, and not even a moment later a swarm of children both big and small sprint through those doors with smiles on their faces and their hands up, waving in celebration.

       "IT'S WINTER!" "IT'S SNOWING, IT'S SNOWING!" "MERRY CHRISTMAS, YAY! "

One of the first little ones to run out of the house, a young girl with bright ginger hair and even brighter eyes, yells in excitement as she runs around in circles with her friends behind her. She's never worn these types of clothes before, and they're so fluffy and warm they make her want to hug herself forever. Though the buttons can be a bit bothersome...

     But instead of hugging herself to enjoy the warmth of her coat, she extends her arms and embraces her two friends in a warm hug. Norman, the tiny one with light hair and a sudden red face, is taken by surprise and coughs, turning his head away from Emma. Ray next to him smiles and hugs her back.

      "Norman, oh no, are you sick? Your face is like a tomatoe!"

      Her eyebrows furrow in worry, but Norman smiles awkwardly and shakes his head.

"N-no, it's just really cold out here."

      Before he can fully relieve Emma's worries, he's distracted by the dark haired boy next to him, who is scooped up into the arms of an older kid, his hair dark and brown.

"Haha, got you Ray! Come here, Emma!"

"NOOOOO HAHA!"

      The boy squats and lifts Emma with his left arm, Ray in his right. She grins and hugs the boy's neck. Ray is wiggling his body in an attempt to escape the older boy's clutches, but when he sees his friend standing alone below him looking so small and red, he can't miss the opportunity to tease him.

"Norman, you're so short!"

      Norman smiles and tilts his head, an eye roll on its way.

"How original."

     "Mickey, Mickey, look at my hat, it's red and white like Santa's!"

      The brown haired boy sets Emma and Ray down, then pretends to be amazed at Emma's hat, knowing all the other three year olds are wearing the exact-same one.

"Woah, that's such a cool hat!"

He flatters Emma.

"And Norman, yours matches the color of your face!"

      Norman coughs, wondering why he's the subject of everyone's ridicule today. Carrying a child in her arms, another elder girl around Mickey's age walks up to the group, frowning.

"Mickey, leave him alone, you know Norman gets sick easily."

"What? I never knew that, I'm not in charge of taking care of the babies."

"You should, you're always around the smaller kids!"

      Norman runs up to the girl and hugs her knee, causing her to stumble and take a few steps back. She holds the child in her arms carefully. When Emma sees this, she naturally wants to join in on the fun, and hugs the girl's other knee. Maddy!, she shouts in glee.

      Emma and Norman shower Maddy with questions about this fun new holiday called Christmas, when kids with families get presents delivered to them under a decorated tree by a big old festive man named Saint Nicholas who eats cookies and drinks milk. Emma is a bit dissapointed by the fact that that big old man doesn't visit children without parents, but then thinks, what more could she possibly want? She's perfectly happy right here, her family being all she really needs.