Memory <3

H e l l o   r e a d e r s , welcome back! Some of you might be aware that I established the publishing dates/publishing schedule on the description of this fanfic, but I'm just here to let you all know that since I've on Spring Break and have travelled internationally to visit my family, I will be postponing the next couple of chapters until Tuesday,  April 18th.

     T h a n k  y o u  a l l  for understanding, but just know that I'm not leaving you all completely empty handed. 

Here's a small tidbit to when the TPN children were all small, adorable, and not disobedient. (Puberty, am I right?)

-

"N/N, what happened next?"  "Read faster! Hurry up!"

     Norman and Emma watch me with glistening eyes, obviously intrigued by the story I'm telling off this book. "The Adventures of Ugo?" I think it was called.

    Emma complains and starts to tug on my body very irritatingly. 

"N/N, PLEASE! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!"

    I adjust the book's position and my sight to continue reading. Although I'm only about a year and a half older than these 3 children, I've become somewhat of an older sister figure to some of them. It makes me feel all warm inside knowing that I receive unconditional love from not just one, but 2 innocent kids!

The third one, however, I'm not so sure about. The raven-haired bundle of boredom sits calmly behind the two other kids, not showing any sign of caring about this here-story what-so ever.

     However, I ignore him and continue to read for the sake of the more anticipating 11 year olds.

     "Ugo wrapped Anastasia in his arms and reassured her with a voice so soothing she could feel it speak to her heart. I will always protect you, Anastasia. You are the only girl I will ever look at, the only girl I'll ever kiss like I kiss you. I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life. When I'm around you, my stomach fills itself with flying moths and my mind only thinks of one thing. You, Anastasia. I love you."

     Before flipping the page, I look up to observe the trio's reactions. Emma's eyes are now wide and glowing, followed by her mouth, which is open in awe. Norman looks at her with nothing short of a smile. I've never seen him smile like that to anyone but Emma.

     Finally, I look at the last boy. Ray. As soon as my eyes meet his, I freeze in place. He looks at me as if he's been looking at me all day. He looks away almost immediately. I copy his movements, thinking:

  What was that?

I feel Emma and Normans' eyes back on me, waiting for the next part of the story I hold in my hands. I try to read, I really do, but my voice is caught in my throat.

"I- Uhm, Anastasia looks into Ugo's eyes, seeing things she's never seen before. Love, safety, love! She's never felt so safe in anyone's arms like she does in Ugo's. She remembers all those times they played Tag as kids, reading books with themes they didn't understand, staring into e-each others' souls without a care in the world."

     I look up from the book for just a split second and look at Ray. Emma and Norman look at us both. I keep reading.

"And- uh, just as Anastasia starts to speak, the Evil Monster grabs Ugo by the hem of his shirt and steals him away from her. Ugo! She screams. Anastasia! He struggles."

     I feel my body relax when I see that the end of the chapter has finally come. I slam the book shut and ignore Emma's disappointed response to the sound of the pages finding each other once again. 

"Welp, that's all for today! Come on, we're on kitchen-cleaning duty!"

     I catch one last glance of Ray before hurrying out of the room. Maybe I left too fast? Hopefully I didn't make my discomfort in that room too obvious to the trio.

As I mop the floors of the kitchen and pick up sloppy grains of rice scattered across the floor, the only thing I can think about is him.

     Ugo, obviously. Who else would him be?