Chapter 47 - Make all 'Em Faces go Red

The children stay in a group, all close together as they gaze upon the tall tree ahead. This forest is full of massive trees, but this specific one is distinguishable if you memorize the number of roots coming out of it at first glance.

        Me and Hayato lead the group as we're the only ones who have actually been here before. Hayato calls me Boss here and Boss there, never once calling me by my name, which for some reason makes me mad. I don't show it, for it's a pretty stupid reason to get bothered by, and instead enter the base before the rest.

"Stay here for a second. I'll inform the ones inside."

      I say before heading in. The inside of the hallow tree is even more impressive than the exterior. It appears like a town, with houses and building surrounding the first floor. They're well built, and hanging above them are multiple wooden bridges and ginormous arcs elegantly displaying the other buildings behind it. After asking around, I discover that Norman and the rest are out on a mission, but they're expected to return by late today. I go back outside with the children.

       For some unknown reason, Lanni, Thoma and Alicia are climbing Yugo's head, clinging on to it like a railing. I ignore the chaos and invite them in.

"Mr. Minerva and the others are out on a mission, but they should come back soon. The children are preparing places for us to eat and rest."

"Norman..."

       Emma smiles warmly, her head filled with thoughts. She smiles at the ground, and I smile in return. The rest of the Grace Field children fall silent, meanwhile the Goldy Pond ones haven't the slightest clue who the hell this Norman person is and why the fact that he's William Minerva is so important to us G-Field folks.

"Aww, he's not back yet!?"  "But I wanted to give him a hug!"

        The smaller ones complain. 

I lead them inside the base, and instantly their jaws fall to the ground.

"WOAH, WHAT!?!? WHAT IS THIS!!!??"

"Our base."

"JIT'S GINORMOUS!!!"

         After we make our grand entrance, multiple teens and residents of the base welcome us with open arms. Jin, who is Hayato's taller bi-haired masked best friend, hugs the boy.

"A town inside trees?"

      Ray mutters to himself. He has a knack for doing that, thinking stuff out loud. He does it a lot, but just loud enough for me to hear. I smile playfully, opening my arms.

"You bet! The 6 of us recovered this place and turned it into a paradise, hence it's name. All the children here are children we rescued, cattle children like us! It's a haven!"

      I brag, causing Emma to laugh. Yugo walks up to me and ruffles my hair. I shove his hand out of my hair, to which he responds by laughter.

"What the hell was that? Please don't touch my head."

      That behavior is very uncalled for.

"The six of you? Who are the other five?"

      Emma questions me. I return to professional-boss mode and answer her question.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't really explained our situation very well. During our escape of Lambda, Norman and I brought along 4 other children, all older than us, of course. The 6 of us form the expedition squad. I'm primarily the detonator, which is just me making and setting off bombs. It's pretty cool."