- : . • .: Bump in the Road :. • . : -

"AHHHHH!!"

I jump out of bed instantly when the loud scream corrupts my eardrums. This is not how I wanted to wake up today, damnit.

       "Ray, are you okay?"

I ask the scared boy in his bed next to mine. He had another nightmare today? They just keep coming, I thought he was getting better.

"What's wrong!?!?"

Mama asks, barging into the room. Ray doesn't say anything, but he does cling on tightly to his bedsheets, as if they'll run away from him or something. He's been having these relentless nightmares since he turned 6 five months ago, but he won't say what they're about. Michelle, who is 8, one year older than me, gets out of bed and gives little Ray a tissue.

"It's okay, everyone. Ray is fine, you can go back to sleep."

Mama assures the rest of us. The toddlers may believe that, but the older children like me are all worried about Ray. But this is the ninth time he wakes up screaming in the middle of the night this week, and it's the 7th of June, so some are probably used to it by now.

"Mama, can me and Norman go with Ray? He needs our help!"

"Okay, but just you two."

"Me and Michelle too, Mom!?"

"No, only Emma and Norman because they're best friends."

"PLEASSSEEEE!!!!!"

I beg her annoyingly. She carries Ray in her arms and lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Fine, come on you four."

       "Yay!"

"Shh, N/N! Be considerate!"

"Sorry Michelle..!"

-

"She's losing a lot of blood, get me the first aid kit!"

       An inaudible voice shouts. Ray?

"A couple of bandages and stitches should do! Nigel, get me the antiseptic and the sutures! I also need light! You two, can you help me!?"

Oh, it's just Lucas... What's all the fuss about? I feel fine. The last thing I remember, is Bayon attacking Lucas, but Oliver protected him, and I put myself in the middle and... That's all.

"Where's Oliver?"

      I mutter. Lucas gets startled, but he responds quickly.

"Oliver's fine, just a couple of scratches and drops of your blood, haha. You guys, I need light!"

My blood? I'm okay, just a scratch. Emma... She's distracting Leuvis almost all by herself. I need to hurry and help her... I can't stay here.

"I need to help Emma and Hayato... Let me go."

"Are you crazy!? You just got your stomach slit open by Bayon's claws, you're not going anywhere!"

       I lift my head to observe my supposedly injured stomach. Wow, that's a lot of blood. Ew, is that my skin? It's not even that bad, they're so dramatic, I have actual problems I need to deal with right now. Emma and Hayato were supposed to distract Mr. Top Hat for 15 minutes, long enough for the rest of us to finish off the other bastards! I need to leave NOW and help them as planned.