Chapter 46 - Why Should my Stomach Sink?

"Hey, how do you think N/N's doing right now?"

       Cislo queries with worry. Besides him, stomping playfully through the bloody halls infested with the rotting corpses of deserving bastards, is Barbara with her long, brown ponytail swinging restlessly behind her.

"Oh, shut up already, she'll be fine! She's the Bossette, she can't die, dumbass!"

"INTRUDERS, INTRUDERS. ALL IN THE PLANTATION. IMMEDIATELY-"

The speaking of the radio is cut off out of the blue. Barbara laughs, skipping childishly and singing a lullaby taught to her by our protagonist detonator.

"Momotaro-san, Momotaro-San... Would you please spare a Kibi Dango..."

"What's a Kibi Dango?"

"How would I know!?"

"And what's with that song?"

"Hmm? Oh, it's a song about slaying demons. The Bossette taught it to me."

"Will you please stop calling her that? It's not even a word, and she prefers to be called the detonator."

"No she doesn't. The Boss came up with that word, I don't remember what she wanted to be called. It was something really stupid and funny. We'll ask her when she gets back."

         Completely ignoring their shenanigans and pointless rambles, Vincent receives the Boss's call while Zazie behind him stays a fourth wheel.

Barbara stops to pick up a dismembered arm belonging to that of a demon and holds it up for all to see. The blood drips with a satisfying droop, and her mouth starts to water just by listening to the audio.

"Hey, can I eat them later?"

"Go ahead."

        Cislo replies with a scowl. There's only so much of her energy one person alone can take.

"You'll probably do it even if I tell you not to."

"Okay, but think about it! It pisses me off that we're the only ones being eaten."

She swings her spiky club around carelessly. Cislo flinches as he almost gets caught up in all the sharp thorns that thing has. He prefers to use his chains. They're easier to carry and more complicated, it makes him look cool. Especially in front of the Bostess... Hehe.

"Only us children raised as food are eaten. Seriously pisses me off."

"Yeah, it pisses me off, too. Really pisses me off."

"It also pisses me off, but can we use other terms?"

        Vincent asks exasperatedly, tired of hearing that unwashed phrase being repeated so by his colleagues, if that's what you wanna call 'em.

"Ah, argh."

Comments Zazie.

"Like what? How should we say it?"

Cislo argues, just tryna get on the bald guy's nerves.

"For example: Angers me. I take offense. It's enraging. Hear my righteous indignation."

"WUT? I don't understand :(."

"Righteous indignation means to be angered over mistreatment."

The Boss finally states. His long, white cape flaps majestically behind him, and his shorter platinum blonde hair displays his face freely. His sharp chin resembles domination, giving him the appearance of that of a god.