Ch 5. Guilt Tripping

Everybody came back to the backyard in one piece, except for two kids. Oh wait, never mind. One of them is coming right now.

"Mom!!!"

Mark runs up to Mama and then starts crying. Now the only kid we're missing is

"Naila! What should I do!? I got separated from Naila in the forest! I tried looking, but I couldn't find her!"

Mom looks frustrated for a second, but then pulls out her pocket watch. Oh yeah, I forgot I had one of those too. Hehe.

Mom purposely pulls out her device tracker and then closes her eyes and smiles. I look at Norman, and he looks shocked. Respectably.

Task #2-completed without having to step in. Norman and Emma now know about the tracking devices.

"It'll be okay."

Mom tells Mark confidently. Confident on the inside, but nice and considerate on the outside.

Mom stands up and then tells us all to stay safe before leaving to go fetch Naila.

Mom comes back before 10 minutes pass, surprising both Norman and Emma.

"It was like Mom knew exactly where Naila was."

Norman whispers to Emma, who then replies,

"Come to think of it, Mom has always been good at finding us. No matter where we hid, she found us quickly."

"That's not a pocket watch.

Tracking devices.

They could be implanted somewhere in our bodies. And Mom just purposely used the compact to show us exactly what it was. No matter who it is,"

"I won't let you escape."

"That's probably what Mom wants to say.

Mom is..."

"An Enemy..."

So you guys are telling me that you just figured that out? Come on Norman, you can do better than that.

And also, didn't you notice that I'm literally hiding on the other side of this tree, just listening to you talking about the secret of the house?
I thought you would know that.

-

"First, let's get our hands on some rope. I have an idea where it might--

"Hey guys, you want some rope?"

I start to go up the stairs to where Norman and Emma are at. They're in the middle of the staircase.

"Oh, N/N! I didn't see you there." Norman stutters in surprise.

"Wait, you said you knew where the rope was?" Emma asks me, putting herself in front of Norman so I would talk to her instead.

"Nope, that was a lie! But the real question is, why do you want rope?"

Even though I already know why, I'll act like I don't. Maybe they'll tell me?