Ch 4. Beyond The Wall

"Oh, so they already left?"

Gilda asks me and Ray. I get closer to the window, and watch as Emma and Norman run off to the gate. I want to stop them and tell them,

"Conny already left! There's no point in going!"

But I know that this is all for their own good, everybody else's too.

"Yeah, you can still see them running off."

Ray replies to them with his same old, boring expression.

I'm kind of mad at Ray, mainly for letting Conny die without Little Bunny. Little Bernie/Bunny was her go-to therapist for whenever she needed one. But then, this is the only way he and the others can live peacefully.

I'm sorry you had to be a sacrificial tool, Conny.

"By the way, Don, did Conny tell you anything weird before she left?"

Ray asks Don out of the blue. Don thinks for a second, putting two of his fingers on the bottom of his chin.

"I don't think so... Why?"

"No reason I guess."

"F/N, can you call me if Norman and Emma come back? I'll help Gilda with the cleaning while you do that."

"Yeah sure! Is that okay with you, Gilda."

"Yeah, it's fine. As long as I don't have to clean all by myself, that is."

-

I start to get bored of looking out the window, with no sign of either Ray or Emma coming back. But then I see then run back here.

Emma trips, specifying that she's obviously out of breath.

"Emma!"

Norman yells. I can't really hear him from all the way inside, but I can see his lips moving. That's enough for me.

Emma starts to talk, then puts an obviously fake smile on her teary face. She screams. I smile.

I continue to watch the scene from a safe distance, until I see Emma and Norman calm down and start walking towards the entrance of the house.

"Ray!"

I yell annoyingly loud.

"They're here, come say hi !"

I can hear something falling from the dining room. Most likely Ray's broom. He walks towards the door instead of running to hide the fact he's intrigued to see Norman and Emma's reactions.

"Welcome back."

He welcomes them, laying on the wall.

                        "Hey! How'd it go?"

I ask them cheerfully, Ray by my side.

"We didn't make it."

Norman silently tells me. I look over at Emma, but she doesn't seem any happier. I feel like rolling my eyes because these idiots didn't bring back the bunny.

WHY. THE HECK. DID YOU. LEAVE. THE. BUNNY!?!?

Emma and Norman start to walk away, and I look over at Ray who's just being his unenthusiastic self.