Chapter 11

Friday morning and as it's the weekend so Akash was as usually in deep sleep while Shifa was getting ready for the day.

At that time there came a knock at the door,Shifa quickly brought the pillow on the bed and the blanket in the closet.

After taking a glance at Akash,she opened the door.
"Bhabhi!Come quickly,Dadi (Paternal grandmother) has come!",Afshan was too much nervous and by looking at this Shifa also became nervous,"And bhabhi,wake up bhai as well,I'm going,do come quickly",saying this she left leaving a nervous Shifa.

"Dadi?Why was Afshan so much nervous,oh Allah,I'm not understanding anything",thinking so she went towards Akash and started calling him.

"What Shifa!Today's Friday dude!lemme sleep"   "Akash get up na!Dadi has come!",hearing this Akash got up immediately."Dadi!!!!Wth!When?"   "What happened?Why are you all making me tensed?At first Afshan and now you",without paying attention to Shifa,Akash went towards the washroom and came out after exactly 7 minutes,water was dripping from his hair indicating he's taken a bath.
"Let's go!",saying this Akash grabbed Shifa's hand and started dragging her.
"Wait wait!"   "What?"   "Akash water is dripping from your hair!"   "Oh no!"   "Wait",saying this Shifa quickly grabbed the towel and gave him.
When Akash was wiping his hair he became shocked,"What the!Keep the dupatta over your head",Shifa was surprised by his behavior and just kept looking at him.
"Offo!",saying this he put her dupatta over her head,grabbed her wrist and started walking towards the dining where Shifa kept looking at him and after sometime she came back to reality.

At the dining area,all the family members were present along with Dadi,when Akash and Shifa came everyone's eye was over them,specifically Dadi whose eye was fixed at their hands (remember?Akash was holding Shifa's hand).
Akash's Mom continuously kept giving signal to Akash but he's too naive to notice that.

"Akash I can understand you're newly wed but why to show off dear?Leave her hand",hearing this Akash looked at their hands and immediately left her hand,at that time he's highly embarrassed about his act where Shifa felt like hiding her face for embarrassment.

"Come over here you both,meet Dadi",said Akash's Mom Asiya and Shifa-Akash went towards their Dadi.

"Ma Sha Allah,may Allah bless your pair",said Dadi sternly and she was observing Shifa strictly.
"So you're Akash's wife,I see,I don't know why did they hurry for this marriage,I couldn't even give my opinion about this nor I could manage   time to attend",she said with disappointment,everyone became silent and there was pin drop silence.

"Anyways,listen girl,I want you to prepare lunch for us today,Asiya do come to my room now",saying this she went for her room and Asiya also followed her.
"Afshan,go to your room",strictly told Akash's Dad Atiq,after Afshan's leaving he turned towards Akash-Shifa,"Akash,you already know about your Dadi so make Shifa understand the matter,Shifa dear,my Mom is a little strict,don't think too much,okay?",Shifa nodded and then he left leaving Akash-Shifa.
Shifa was just standing there still and Akash was looking at her,finally he decided to speak.
"Umm,Shifa?"   "Hmm?"   "Dadi is just like a typical mother-in-law,if you're understanding what I'm trying to say,oh dude!Why am I saying this here,let's go to our room",both of them left for their room.

........................................................

"She's always like this towards Mom as well though she herself chose Mom for Dad,you can already imagine how everyone is so afraid of her"   "Even you?"   "N.. Not me,because she loves me a lot,though today she behaved strangely with me as well"    "So the rule is:I've to be a typical daughter-in-law,right?"   "Yeah"   "Akash what about my class?"    "Oh man!Don't worry,I hope that I'll manage,I mean try,hey don't panic I'll manage",after hearing the assurance Shifa smiled a little bit.