Chapter 26

It's the wedding day finally,the whole house was giving a busy festive vibe,every members were roaming here and there,some for not finding their respective things,some for help in getting ready as there was not much time left for their departure.
Wasn't this a normal scenario in every desi family in any occasion though? :3

------------------------------------------

"Bhai,you're looking like a prince",Rima and Afshan were complementing Rakib.
"What prince!He's looking damn cool!You two please stop with your girlish complement!",told Akash in a don't care tone where Rakib started laughing and their two sisters started giving deadly expressions.
"Wait!Akash bhai don't act this much cool,I'll just call bhabhi and then all your I'm so cool attitude will be gone,huuh",teased Rima and surprisingly Shifa entered at that moment.

"Wow bhabhi!We're talking about you,tell him to stop his mouth,always kept insulting us,tell na!",Shifa couldn't control her laughter after hearing this.
"Akash!Stop troubling them,at least have some shame before arguing with your little sisters"   "Oh hello,they're not that much little,they're only one batch junior of you Miss Shifa!"   "What?Bhaiiiii!She's your wife for your kind information,she's not Miss anymore!She's Mrs now",screamed Afshan and except Shifa-Akash everyone bursted out laughing.

(Why didn't they laugh?Any guesses? :v)

------------------------------------------------------

The marriage was done Alhamdulillah and it was time for some rituals (not any serious ones,the looking at the mirror type rituals,I think you've got about what I'm talking about he he)

Everyone was busy with the new couple in the family and there came a call on Shifa's phone, as there was so much noise so she went a little bit away.

"Shifa!Where are you yaar?"   "Raiyan!I'd told you remember?Here's a family wedding,that's why I'm out if the town,why?"   "Nothing,was just missing you"   "I miss you too yaar,how's everything going?"   "You've to face a rollercoaster ride of assignments and labs after you're back"   "Don't scare me"    "This is what going to happen ma'am"   "Scary!"   "Are you busy now?"   "Yeah,a little bit"    "Okay,then I'll call you later"   "Okay Allah Hafiz"   "Allah Hafiz",and their conversation was over,when she was about to go she found some guys looking at her with sharp eyes,though she was feeling uneasy but thought of not showing any and started walking.

"Hey!Why are you in a hurry sweetie?",one of them called her. "What did you call me?"    "Sweetie!Didn't like it,then tell me what to call you?",saying this he was coming close to her.

"I think you're not matching with our beautiful bhabhi",teased Akash.
"Just like how you don't match with Shifa",teased back Rakib and Akash gave him a don't care look but his eyes were looking for Shifa,he didn't know when did she leave from there,remembering Shifa's crying face he started to get worried about her and went away from there to look for her.

"Where can she go?Lemme call her",thinking this he dialed her number but call was on waiting.
"Means she went to talk with someone,then where can she go?In some corner maybe?Where noises won't come?",he started walking again.

"What did you call me?"    "Sweetie!Didn't like it,then tell me what to call you?", Akash heard these and he got it from where the sound was coming.

Shifa was about to slap the guy but he grabbed her hand."No no,don't do this!",he was about to touch her chin when Akash grabbed him in collar and started punching him,seeing this the other guys quickly left from there.

"How dare you!How dare you to touch her!",by each line he was punching him with more strength.
The noise was too much loud that everyone present at the wedding came there.

"Akash!What's this behavior,what are you doing",his Dad was asking him but none of these were stopping him.

"What happened Shifa?"   "Rakib Bhaiya,that guy",Shifa told everything and by that time everyone stopped Akash from hitting anymore.

"We're leaving",saying this Akash grabbed Shifa's hand and started walking though everyone tried to stop him (the bride's side was too much ashamed because of the incident as those guys were their neighbors)

------------------------------------------------------

Akash and Shifa came back,only Akash's Mom and his chachi was over there,by looking at Akash's angry look they didn't ask him anything.

In their room......
"I would have killed him if they didn't come"   "Akash relax!"   "How can you say me to relax when someone tried to misbehave with you and I"   "You have helped me,I'm fine"    "I don't want to help you dammit!I want to protect you from every damn thing of this world!",he screamed with anger where Shifa was out of words,she wasn't understanding what to say.

Seeing Shifa's puzzled look he calmed down and looked at her.
"Shifa?",she looked towards him.
"I'm sorry"   "For what?"   "For not being there when you needed me"   "But you were there"    "I came late"   "Can I tell you one thing?"   "Yeah"   "I didn't think that I would be able to trust any person again but you proved me wrong",Akash looked at her eyes.
"I trust you and I know you'll always be there",she put her hand over his hand and smiled,seeing this Akash smiled back.