21-30

Chapter 21 - Pervert

Shi Yan lay on the ground on his back with his limbs spread. His face was red, as though he were bleeding. He was panting heavily and his body was twitching every now and then.

Looking at the sparkling stars above, Shi Yan could feel every cell of his body trembling. As his body twitched, his muscles, veins, and bones were all expanding and contracting regularly.

Not using his Profound Qi, he closed his eyes slowly, and began to feel the fantastic shift in his body, the amazing quivers in the muscles and ribs, the destruction and reconstruction of cells, and the slow increase in strength.

As a wild fanatic for extreme sports, Shi Yan knew that reaching his this limit this time was merely the beginning of next adventure.

The limit of a human body could always be broken, and be surpassed time and time again. The potential of human body was infinite.

Those extreme sports experiences had taught him that only by breaking the limit could he obtain rapid progress.

With his eyes closed, he could clearly sense the changes happening in his muscle fibres, even without operating his Profound Qi.

Sensing it carefully, Shi Yan soon found the Immortal Martial Spirit in his body beginning to work. It was repairing his body in an incredible way, reconstructing and strengthening his torn muscles.

Rigorous training under increased gravity enhanced one's explosive force. Only when the muscles tore under these extreme conditions could they become bigger, more powerful, and more explosive after reconstruction.

As a fanatic for extreme sports, Shi Yan was so aware of the truth, which had been verified by his repeated practices. He knew the fastest way to strengthen his muscles.

Feeling the effects of his Immortal Martial Spirit beginning to reduce the pain in all his muscle fibers, Shi Yan struggled to sit up. He took the food out of his bag and began to wolf it down, feeling happy with his progress.

Intensive exercise consumed too much of his energy. He had to eat a lot of food to recover quickly and improve his power.

The dry meat was eaten and slipped into his guts where it was quickly digested and became nutrition.

In a very short time, he had finished enough food for five people.

As he felt the changes in his body, his smile became broader. After exercising his limbs for a while, he closed his eyes and began to circulate his Profound Qi quietly.

As the Profound Qi moved, Shi Yan felt a slight quiver in his body.

Just as he had expected!

The Profound Qi was flowing in his meridians virtually 30% faster than normal.

His body became more sensitive after the extreme stress and likewise, his meridians became abnormally dynamic. His weak meridians seemed to be absorbing the Profound Qi flowing through them, and with that energy, his meridians expanded and became firmer.

Shi Yan had presumed long ago that strengthening the body was as important as training the Profound Qi; the two were complementary.

Once the body was strong enough, the Profound Qi would condense faster. The stronger the body, the more beneficial it was when operating and condensing Profound Qi. So maybe, the two Martial Spirits hidden in his body would enhance as well.

His first attempt had successfully verified Shi Yan's hypothesis, so he was grinning from ear to ear.

---