301-310

Chapter 301 - The Superb Adjoin Corpses Flame

Inside the stone hall, cold icy power spread out everywhere. A flow of white dead aura turned out to be composed of devilish faces, wrapping around the stone pillars, which looked like those devils engraved on the stone pillars had just revived.

There were five oil lanterns mounted on the stone wall. The flames were shiny blue and dim, which brought other people a feeling that these flames could have died out at any time.

In front of the wall, at a dark gloomy corner, there was a figure standing lonely.

That person's eyes were glazed; his body was big with the dense miasmatic aura around, which was like a long-time dead corpse.

As soon as he had entered this stone house, Shi Yan couldn't help but frown. His soul consciousness diffused out but impossibly realized any living auras nor streams of souls.

There were no living humans.

That figure over there was actually a corpse with a pale face and stiffened limbs, served as a servant. It probably didn't have a high-level position.

As it saw Shi Yan's group going in, it turned a hook on the wall. A 'creak' sound resounded and the stone wall in front of Shi Yan started to move accordingly to some formation, gradually forming a path running downward.

That corpse was still blankly standing at the corner without any human emotions. It didn't even look at Shi Yan and the other people as if it only had one mission which was to open this path.

Shi Yan's face remained unchanged. He looked at the three people of Yi Tian Mo's group and nodded, then mumbled to himself, "Purposely make a mystery out of simple things."

He slowly stepped down on the stone stairs going deep down inside of the earth. He wanted to see what peculiar things were awaiting him down there.

Although the Corpses God Sect was mysterious as they had cultivated very inhumane secret techniques which had frightened other people, Shi Yan was not afraid of it too much, anyway, the three people of Yi Tian Mo's group had the God Realm cultivation base.

In terms of souls, the three of them were far better than numerous people although their bodies' sturdiness was not as good as the other God Realm warriors.

In a battle, the unity of these three could easily defeat any God Realm warrior. Shi Yan believed that even a God Realm warrior at the highest level would have run away strenuously when being besieged by them.

Under the powerful soul oppression, it could sometimes have been more dangerous than a physical attack.

With the three of them having his back, not to mention this temporary residence of the Corpses God Sect, even the headquarters of the Corpses God Sect would not be able to stop him from entering.

After having gone for about ten zhang, Shi Yan still didn't see any lights.

Luckily, the three people of Yi Tian Mo's group was still following him closely; thus, he wasn't scared, just quietly diffused his soul consciousness around to sense even the tiniest transformation, trying to find the living aura.

"Puff"

In the ink-black darkness where one impossibly saw one's own five fingers, a weak green light suddenly appeared. It didn't look different from fen-fires (atmospheric ghost lights seen by travelers at night, especially over bogs, swamps, or mashes) hovering around in the air. Besides, there was also a dull flame of an oil lamp which was like a ferocious ghost observing around.