81-90

Chapter 81 - Obsession

In the silence of the night, the two carriages slowly left Xuelai City one after another.

Xuelai City was last city on the way to the Dead Swamp. Between the Dead Swamp and Xuelai City was a forest of medium sized trees, through which a narrow path had been cleared for use by mercenaries and traders.

On the carriage in front, Chu Ping was waving his whip in a relaxed manner.

Zhu Shi and Wu Yunlian's soft giggles could be heard from the carriage every now and then. They seemed to be happily chatting all the way.

In the carriage behind them, Han Feng and Ku Long were sitting outside, occasionally uttering some words.

Most of the time, they were both on alert and kept an eye on the surroundings.

Shi Yan was completely silent in his carriage.

For the past dozens of days, apart from meals, Shi Yan hardly got out of the carriage.

Every time he got out of the carriage, he wore a tired face with furrowed brows, seeming to be bothered about something.

---

Late at night.

The two carriages had stopped beside a brook in the forest. Zuo Shi and Wu Yunlian got off the carriage and walked to the brook, using the water to rinse their faces.

Before long, the two came back with some water to find that it was completely silent inside the other carriage.

"What is that guy doing?"

Wu Yunlian looked at the carriage in confusion, her expression clearly showing bewilderment, "I have hardly seen him get of the carriage. Apart from those times when he got down and wolfed down his food, he has been staying in the carriage all day. And every time he comes out, he is always deep in thought, showing such a miserable face. What a weird kid."

"He has always been a weirdo." Zuo Shi nodded in acknowledgment, "He has such strange hobbies like studying historic relics and ancient languages. No one knows what happens in his brain."

Wu Yunlian laughed alluringly, "Xiao Shi, this guy is really different. Usually such boys would chase you around all day long, and wouldn't go away even when you tried to drive them off. But this one has never looked at you in these ten days! He seems unwilling to come out of the carriage. Really strange."

"Leave him alone. He is a weirdo." Zuo Shi was really surprised by Wu Yunlian's opinion, and realized she was right. Shi Yan had never looked at her while they were on the road.

Though not a self-centered girl, Zuo Shi knew that she was pretty, and the attitude Shi Yan showed towards her was very different from other boys' attitudes.

Shi Yan was at his romantic age, but why was he so indifferent towards women?

Every woman cared about such things, including Zuo Shi. Apart from some confusion, she was also a little angry.

"Get me some water." Shi Yan's indifferent voice came from the carriage.

Ku Long was stunned as he looked to Han Feng and replied, "Feng, do you still have some water?"

Han Feng shook his head, and pointed at Wu Yunlian and Zuo Shi, who were slowly approaching them, "They get the water these days."

Ku Long stuck out his head and looked at Wu Yunlian with a big smile, "Sister, please give me some water, my Young Master is thirsty."