241-250

Chapter 241 - Birdman

Shi Yan was surprised, knitting his brows and thinking.

Cu Bi slightly gritted her teeth and then coldly said, "If I let you free, will you find me and take revenge in the future? I have captured you and used your freedom to force you in catching the beasts for me. Will you hate me?"

"Hate you?" Shi Yan was astonished. He contemplated for a while before bursting into laughter, shaking his head. "Not that much of hatred. I am only a little discontented. If you treated me friendly at the beginning instead of threatening, I think I would still be happy to help you catch more Sound Beasts."

Cu Bi's eyes glowed, staring at Shi Yan without blinking, seemingly wanting to see through his real thought.

Shi Yan's eyes beamed out an innocent look; a faint smile appeared at the corner of his mouth. Under her gaze, he didn't seem to be startled. He shrugged and calmly said, "If you fraternize with me, we can become friends. Hmm, I am human, and you are pagan of the Demonic Sound Clan. Although it is the pagan race, it is ok for me."

"I am Cu Bi, Yi Cu Bi, glad to know you. I hope you can consider me a friend." Cu Bi thought for a while before comfortably stretching her white hand towards Shi Yan and sincerely saying, "Sorry for my rude behavior earlier. I hope that you can forget it. Now, we shall start over again."

"Shi Yan." Stretching his big hand and gently holding Yi Cu Bi's jade-like hand, Shi Yan gave out a broad smile. "That is very good."

"Thank you." Yi Cu Bi cheerfully said. "Without your help, I think those Child Devils would have devoured me. After a certain time, many Child Devils go out from the Sound Beast Mountain, considering pagans their preys. It is like when we hunt the Sound Beasts down, the Child Devils chase us, devouring us so that they can progress faster and stronger."

Shi Yan was frightened.

"The Child Devils are the Demonic Sound Clan's natural enemy. The Child Devils have been evolving non-stop, and thus they have become terrifying. They are not afraid of our clan's soul attacks and able to tear our bodies apart into pieces." Yi Cu Bi was still frightened. "Each time the Child Devils go out of the Sound Beast Mountain, the Demonic Sound Clan's people have to stay inside of the castle without daring to take one step outside. My father told me that the Child Devils and we both have been deported to this place. The people expelling us here have sent the Child Devils together with us because they were scared of the Demonic Sound Clan..."

"Argh, I did not know anything about the story of your Demonic Sound Clan before, I don't want to judge anything." Shi Yan was silent for a moment before speaking. "But I have no prejudice against the Demonic Sound Clan. I treat everyone the same way, either pagan race or humankind. If people treat me well, I will treat them the same way. If not, I will give them a hard time. It is my most basic human behavior. Hmm, I know you also want to leave this place, that is also my purpose. Thus, I hope we can get along well together in the coming days to find out a way to get out of here".

"My father is one of the leaders of the Ancient City. The Demonic Sound Clan's people are very unfriendly with humankind; you probably recognized this already. When you are still here, I will treat you like a servant so that others will not pay attention to you. I hope you understand". Yi Cu Bi said with sincerity.

"I understand." Although Shi Yan did not like it, there wasn't anything else that he could do. Thus, he reluctantly nodded his head.

"One more thing, I hope that you use just a small part of the Heaven Flame's forces. It is better not to let other people of the Demonic Sound Clan see it; otherwise, I am afraid everyone will disturb you." Yi Cu Bi softly said, "To be honest, I had wanted to kill you earlier. Your ability to emit the Sun power is the Sound Beasts' disaster. It is also the same for our bodies; we cannot bear being burnt by the Sun power..."