61-70

Chapter 61 - Leaders of the Third Generation

The Merchant Union was becoming quite lively.

The five families were still trying to find a guy named 'Ding Yan', when the Misty Pavilion also stepped in, searching everywhere for someone named 'Yang Hai'. But the Misty Pavilion was not as outrageous in their search, they adopted the bribing method. As long as you can prove that your name is Yang Hai, you can come to the Misty Pavilion to receive a thousand purple crystal coins.

Since the Martial Competition was about to be held, there was an endless stream of people in the Merchant Union. Although the actions of the five families and the Misty Pavilion confused many, most people still came for the Martial Competition.

Quickly, the restaurants and inns of Tianyun City were packed.

The warriors and mercenaries that come from the Dark Forest, Dead Swamp and Cloud Mountain were all hardened fighters. Even in Tianyun City they were restless, often causing conflicts, and killing each other.

Be it day or night, there were more than enough fighting warriors in Tianyun City. Every morning, the cleaning staff would often find new corpses in the ditches.

Three more days remained until the Martial Competition.

Early in the morning, Zuo Xu was resting with his eyes closed, when he heard Zuo Shi speaking outside, "Huh, old man you came?"

"How many times did I tell you, don't call me old man in front of others!" From outside came Chi Xiao's frustrated voice.

"You are just a little old man, it's an old habit, I can't change it." Zuo Shi wasn't afraid of him, as she laughed outside the doors.

Zuo Xu was suddenly excited as he suddenly stood up and rushed out to greet the guest. "You're finally here!" he thought.

...

The Shi family

In the heavy weights room stood a wrinkled old crone. She held a paintbrush, and was putting a few heavy marks on Shi Yan's brows.

Shi Yan stood in silence, carefully watching the old crone's actions.

After a long while, the crone took back her hand. She stared closely at Shi Yan for a while, and then nodded in satisfaction, "During my visit every day, I have been changing his appearance slightly each time. Even those who are close to him wouldn't notice such slow changes. His appearance now is much different from how it was a month ago, and nobody would be able to recognize him."

Shi Yan's skin was a lot darker now, his brows thick, and his figure looked quite a bit sturdier.

From how he had looked before, he now looked less fierce and more rugged. Whether it be appearance or temperament, there was a significant change.

Especially after coming back from the Dark Forest, he had grown taller and became more robust. Plus he got fixed up by the disguise artist. Compared with the time when he was in the Dark Forest, he truly looked like another person.

Shi Jian stared at Shi Yan for a moment, then nodded and said, "Good, there should be no problem."

Shi Yan observed himself in the mirror, and was also quite satisfied: "Alright, hmm, isn't the Martial Competition starting?"

"Three more days, so you don't need to train hard these three days, just relax a little bit." Shi Jian finally let go, but suddenly he thought of something, and then rebuked with a straight face, "Relaxing does not mean fooling around! Don't think for a moment that I don't know what you and Han Zhong did together! Hmph, if you waste your energy on women, I'll skin you alive!"