1271-1280

Chapter 1271: The Ring Spirit

"You're not it!"

Ming Hao held the Blood Vein Ring, his face dark and evil and his eyes deep as he shouted.

The black smoke suddenly fumed from the ring surface. It was clearly the dark, sinister soul of Ming Hao.

He used the soul to enter the ring to investigate. It seemed like he was struggling with the Ring Spirit inside to confirm his assumptions.

Listening to Ming Hao, everybody changed their visages and looked at him.

Xuan He and Frederick exchanged looks, their faces stern. They didn't stop him and just frowned at the ring.

As Shi Yan heard Ming Hao say that, he was shocked as he felt a lightning strike shoot through his head and tear the layers of the uncertain mist.

As soon as Ming Hao's soul had entered the ring, the connection between Shi Yan and the Ring Spirit was gone instantly. Shi Yan didn't know what was going on inside the ring, but he guessed that the Ring Spirit wasn't normal.

He screened his memory to recall the situation when he collected the two other parts of the Ring Spirit. The first time, it was in Broken Star Area, and it was the part that Xuan He had left. The memory Xuan He had left shouldn't have any problem because after the Ring Spirit had fused with it, there wasn't anything strange.

The second part he got on Desolate from the bones the Charteris family had refined from Xuan Shan's skeleton.

After that fusion, the Ring Spirit had been silent for a long time...

Then, the Ring Spirit became unusual. It had concealed a lot of things. It didn't want to give Shi Yan more information. It seemed like the Ring Spirit had its own thoughts and didn't want to accompany Shi Yan anymore.

When the Ring Spirit encountered Bloodthirsty's finger in Black Iron City of Tsunami Chamber of Commerce, it had a massive change. It immediately cut off the connection with Shi Yan and talked to him arrogantly that it had only one Master.

After that event, the Ring Spirit seemed to become a complete stranger. It became more active when they communicated as it asked Shi Yan to find Bloodthirsty's remains, offering him great conditions.

Considering these events, Shi Yan realized that after the Ring Spirit got the part of memory from Xuan Shan's bones, it changed. It had become a stranger to him.

Before that, the Ring Spirit was just a Tool Spirit that didn't have many complicated thoughts. After it had fused with the memory part from Xuan Shan, the Ring Spirit seemed to turn into a creature with high intelligence. It became greedy and it knew how to entice people, persuading them with conditions and dealing with the others...

Taking a cold breath, he looked at Ming Hao. Just like Xuan He and Frederick, he was waiting for Ming Hao's explanation.

The darkness on the Dark Island vanished. The winner that had defeated Thor, Randolph, of the Charteris family of the God Clan – floated up from the island. He looked a bit like Harson but much older. His countenance was stiff and indifferent as if he was a distant person.

Although Randolph had only the First Sky of Incipient God Realm, he had mastered the Burning Purgatory Upanishad. That's how he won the battle.

Leaving the Dark Island, he didn't look at Xuan He, Frederick, or Shi Yan. He just stood quietly behind Ming Hao with a respectful countenance. It looked like he was protecting Ming Hao.

Xuan He snorted, his eyes dark and sinister. He apparently hated Randolph. With his odd characteristics, if he had a chance, Xuan He would mock and ridicule Randolph a lot.