What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXXXV...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXXXV...

The Cravenswood-Relentless Estate...

Evening of the 26th...

A couple of landscaping trucks pulling out, the crews, hired by Jennifer, quite unharmed...

Though a few rather puzzled by the transplanted topiary pieces one of the new owners had selected to transport from their old residence.

Doesn't that look like a...? One asking his coworker as they pulled out, her frowning answer to get his mind outta da gutter.

Inside the main house, Laszlo Cravensworth standing before the giant screen of their home theater system...His proud image projected on said screen in startling clarity as Jacqueline in her maid's outfit points video camera.

Laszlo beaming at his image then at Jennifer and Erika fussing about him as Nadja on couch frowns...

Hmmn...

"You should pull the corset tighter, Erika...His stomach still bulges too much."

"Really?" Laszlo eyes himself on screen...Thought I look quite the distinguished author/lordly landowner/captain of industry, retired/retired military fellow...

As I've said a bit of prosperity poundage not at all a negative in my day...And most of what I know of human history...

Nice way to get round the difficulty with mirrors, eh?...He notes to the camera crew. "Wonderful idea of my Jennifer's..."

Jennifer blushing as she carefully eyes the hair style she and Erika had been fussing with...Yeah...We'll use a bit of mousse tomorrow but it's good...

Master Laszlo...Fond embarrassed look.

"Dear, I think it's quite all right..." he shakes head to Nadja who gives sour look. "Besides...Any tighter and I'll belch up whatever I eat before and during the party. All over my lovely new suit and probably our new white rugs and white...White, dear heart, I remind you...Couch."

Eh... "Fine, but you look like overstuffed and beached whale..."

"I can have the tailor let out another inch or so..." Erika suggests, walking round. "Though if I may say so, mein Master...Mistress. I think you look magnificent in your tux." She beams.

"You do, Master." Jen nods happily. "So distinguished...Really, doesn't he, Mistress Nadja?" turning to the frowning Nadja.

"He's looked worse..." she shrugs. "I suppose it's not too bad...But go ahead and have tailor open it in suit an inch for waist and shoulders, Erika."

Cut to Laszlo on couch a bit later, still in tuxedo pants and white shirt with raised collar though minus suit, now borne off by Erika for alteration...

"I had considered wearing my old Crimean War uniform...Still have it, packed away...To match Nandor's Ottoman...After all we were allies during that one. But Dr. Chu, Jen's husband, isn't wearing his so I agreed to the tuxado...Oh? Right, tuxedo. Which is quite handsome."

Devastating...Nadja, in chair, breathes. And when I, a vampire breath in admiration it means something...

But no chance in Hell will I tell him that...Especially with my Soul companion watching. Or, rather, leering... Frowns at the Doll now on couch beside Laszlo.

"How did she get there? Jennifer?" Nadja, glaring, waving for Jen to remove the Doll who eyes camera with lewd grin.

"Sorry, ma'am. Can't you behave a little?" Jen hissing to the leering Doll as she scoops her up and sets on another chair.