What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LI...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LI...

The night previous...

But not the place...

"Hey..." beam.

"Jen? Hi...?" Guillermo, walking through woods in rather antique clothes, finding Jennifer by his side in similar female attire, a kerchief round her neck, hair bunned under a cap.

"Mind if I walk with you, Gui?" smile. "That's quite a load you got there..." she eyes the large crossbow and cross and stake and mallet in his hands. "Here let me take some..." she takes crossbow.

"Careful with that, I think it might go off..." he notes, rather confused. "I don't know if I loaded it right when I left..."

"It seems fine...You'll manage Gui." warm smile.

"You've always been so kind to me, Jen..." Guillermo sighed. "I'm so ashamed...I never should have let you be hurt."

"It was destiny, Gui..." Jen shakes head. "But you do have to do your Duty, honey. At last... We need you. Sue needs you. Nandor and the others need you. Don't let us down."

"I don't want to hurt anyone...Even if I did become a vampire, I was thinking somehow...I wouldn't...Hurt anyone. But that's a lie, isn't it? I would have hurt people. I would have killed people. I helped them kill people."

"We all hurt each other, Gui. But we can make it right. I have to and you do too." she patted his arm. "Hey, how is that read?" she nodded at the Book now somehow tucked under his left arm. "Looks pretty intense..."

"Very...Lots of detail about how..." he paused. "But not much that helps me decide what to do..."

"The Book only helps with the details, Gui." she sighed. "You already know what you have to do. But I'll try to help. They will too. They want to help you, Gui."

"Where are we going?" he looked about the misty woods...

"Where we have to..." Jen noted.

"Guillermo! Stop!" Susan appeared before them, in her nightgown she'd worn that night... A distraught look... "If you do this, you'll lose me. You'll lose everything. You'll make me kill you!"

"She might..." Jen nodded to his look. "But you know you have to take that chance, Gui."

"I know..." he agreed. "And I've never had you, Susan...I'm so sorry." he staked her as she rushed at him, fangs now out. She disappearing in a dust cloud, her curse faint in the air.

"It wasn't her, you know..." Jen sighed, patting him.

"I wouldn't know..." he shrugged. "I've never really known her."

He eyed Jen, in her antique clothes... "I don't really know you, do I?"

"Only some..." she smiled.

"And I've never really known them, have I?"

"Only some, lad..." Laszlo, now before him.

"Nice cross..." he eyed the cross Gui had instinctively raised.

"Not that I'm all that religious...Rather a skeptic myself."

"You're not the...Person...I knew, are you?" Guillermo eyed him.

"Well...Yes and no..." shrug.

"Is Master Nandor here?"

"He's around and about...It's not so easy for him...Many cares, you know. But he does have confidence in you, son. You'll make good." Laszlo smiled. "I'm sure of it, given she believes in you." he eyed Jen who smiled.