What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXV...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXV...

Guillermo to cell phone video...

"Hey guys, as promised here's my account from Mexico. It's about one-thirty in the afternoon. We're at my aunt's place...My guest bedroom, actually, as we've promised to stay tonight. Miss Susan is of course in another room down the hall. Oh, and the documentary subteam is here..." turns phone to display three person crew of two men and a woman in working crew clothes with video equipment.

"She will be...Soon. Then touring the ranch here while Gui speaks to his aunt in a bit." Susan calls to phone, waving. "Rats..." grin. "But, hey guys."

"I just wanted to have proof she's ok. She'll do her own thing later to prove she's not with me tonight."

"But last night, at the hotel...Oooh la, la..." she gaily calls. "Just kidding, sorry honey."

"Right."

"It's embarrassing him that I call him honey." Sigh from distance. "Ok, boss." Wan smile. "I'll stick to the formalities."

"I don't mean to be mean, Susan."

"Hah! Progress...Susan...I'll get you to Sue before you know it." She beams.

Probably will...He thinks, a bit...

No, now come on...

"I just don't want people to get the wrong idea..." he sighs. "Please, Sue?"

"For that, I'll leave off and give you a moment in peace." She notes, warm and loving smile. "Tell everyone I love them, especially the Master."

"Yeah...Forget my text about forwarding this to Ginny to send to her family." Guillermo sighs.

"Sorry. I'll do one for my guys." Susan calls. "I know you don't want me to mention you. 'Help! This sweet vampire's minion's refusing to take advantage of me!'."

He eyes her.

"Ok. I'll be good." She smiles. "I'm just away on business, ok?"

"Thanks."

" 'And this hot guy I'm really into won't gimme the time of day. Ye...ah, like I know that's impossible but he's not gay.'" She grins.

"Susan, you're killing me. Please..." Guillermo, pleading look. "I know I deserve to be punished but..." tears welling.

"I'm sorry. Gui...Honestly, I'll stop. I was only kidding." Sigh. "I just thought if I showed you I wasn't just 'Yes Mastering' you...That I could joke about it. I won't push it anymore, I swear. Please don't tear yourself up about it, I swear I would know it's not your fault."

But it is my fault...He eyes her.

I could have saved her. Staked Nandor or died trying. Warned them. Made her run away

And everything she says to forgive me and worse, that she cares for me, is just that much more proof.

"I'll go and let you finish...Prove I'm not staying with you." She has paused by the door of the room.

"I'm sorry you feel so bad, I don't believe I'd be happy about it. And it hurts me too, that you can't believe me." She brightens. "But you do have to look after me, you know. While I'm like this." Shrug. "That can be your atonement, Gui."

"I think it'll have to be worse than that...But it's ok, thanks."

She nods. "I'm grateful, Gui...That you're a good man. I'm still capable of being grateful for that. Try to believe that whatever's been changed in me, I would still be grateful for that."