What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XXIX...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XXIX...

Next day...

Guillermo's cell...12 noon.

He glumly pacing...No one due to drop by till later, then just Jen and Erika to make a report to the guys on the respective progress on the two sales...

Though Jen had mentioned on phone that Susan would likely drop by as well, to see if he needed a hand with anything...He eyeing envelope with his DNA results...

Wonder how interested in me she'd be if she finds out...

Heck, even Jen was ready to kill me a little while back for Laszlo's sake... I mean, she would be very sorry about it, I'm sure. But...He pictures host of Zeller Properties' enthralled agents enraged and attacking him as he prepares to stake Nandor in open coffin, Nandor sleeping peacefully.

Why would I picture killing Master Nandor? He blinks. I mean I have had my troubles with him but he saved me from the Vampiric Council just this month.

Uh-boy. Is this that "Destiny" thing? No, I am not fated to kill my friends.

Though they are killer vampires...They're such nice people, really. Maybe all a bit overbearing, inconsiderate, and aristocratically arrogant in two cases...

Generally this the one moment of the day when no one bothers or bothers with him. Though now, the heavy burden of Chief Familiar takes a unique form...Apart from the new burden he carries concealed within...

"Gui! Guillermo?! It's Phyllis!" rap at door.

He nervously opens to reveal a beaming Phyllis, hair and face carefully made up, in black suit with gray scarf to conceal still-healing throat wound and cream-white blouse.

"Sorry if I startled you, I know it's not my day here but I had some time before my next client and I thought I'd bring you lunch." Warm smile, holding bag. "Master Nandor couldn't be sure what you liked but Jen said you seemed to like barbecque. I did bring a salad, too, mainly for me. Can I come in?"

Wan grin at his hesitation... "I know you're not a vampire, Gui. Just being courteous."

"Yeah, sure...Please, come in." he opens door wider and waves her to a chair at his desk. "Have a seat." She eyes the one seat.

"I'll just sit on my bed, I usually do when someone comes in."

"Well, how about I do too?" smile, she taking seat on bed, near him. "We can do this picnic style, if that's ok with you? It's nice and quiet here. Unless you'd rather go to the kitchen or outside?"

"Uh...Sure. Here's fine."

"At least we won't be bothered by the rats, huh?" smile. "Master Nandor really laid down the law to them the other night, huh?"

"Yeah...That and the strychnine in the attic and hallway..." he nods. "And your mistress did some laying down."

"Yeah...She's quite commanding in her own right, my beloved mistress." She nods.

She unpacking bag, clearly a bit nervous...He eyeing her from his side of the bed.

"I hope you like this, it's supposed to be the best in the city. I tried to get every sauce I could...And I brought Diet and Regular Coke."

"Thanks. That's...Nice...Thank you. Ummn...Diet's fine."

"Great, well...Don't stand on ceremony...Honey." Beam. "That's beef brisket, that's pork, that's chicken. Dig in." she takes paper plate from bag, pulling salad out of bowl. He a bit reluctantly taking out plate and taking some barbequed beef and chicken, she eagerly spooning salad on his plate at his faint request.