What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LVIII...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LVIII...

"So you're one of them...A Hunter?" Ginny eyes Lesley.

"I was...Till Simon captured me...And made me his..."

"Plaything, dog, doll...Info source on Vampire Hunters..." Simon helpfully notes from his seat.

"Anything you like, my darling..." Lesley, beaming at him.

"And you came when he did...Your distant relation, the ghost of Van Helsing?" Ginny asks.

"No...I've been here a couple of years. I was sent to kill Simon since I wanted a career on Broadway and had a good shot, which helped me get close to him, through his theater connections..."

"A woman of many interests...Till she met me." Simon beams.

"But your...Whatever distant...Relative, Van Helsing sent you?"

"Not in person...I've never seen his ghost...Though I knew people, in our group, who took orders and got information from him." Lesley shrugs.

"Did you take any of them?" Ginny turns to Simon. Who sighs...

"No...They were too careful. They keep separate and only exchange information by various means...Even old snail mail. Lesley's never met any of the local Hunters. Too dangerous that one of us might take one...As I did." smile...

"And she told you Van Helsing was urging his descendants to hunt our owners?" Ginny, eyeing Lesley. "Is that true?" to Lesley who eyes Simon...

"Please, dear...We don't want to get off on the wrong foot with our allies...No, she didn't." Simon shrugs. "She'd no idea, did you?"

"No..." Lesley agrees. "I never heard a thing about anyone but my own targets. Including Simon..."

"That's hardly getting off on the right foot, Simon..." Ginny notes. "How did you learn Van Helsing was after my Mistress and my other Overlords?"

"Excuse me? Virginia?" Jen, standing in the doorway, in her cleaning clothes, to the startled looks of Simon, Ginny, Victor...And the quick tensing of Lesley. "Really sorry to interrupt but you weren't answering when we tried to reach you." she closes door.

"Miss Jennifer, how nice to see you again..." Simon, pausing... "Oh..." he eyes her carefully as she regards him sternly.

"Dr. Van Helsing, I presume? So...We meet again..." he notes.

...

"Lesley had no idea she'd been possessed when our friend the good Doctor last spoke to me, through her..." Simon eyes Jen, cool stare.

"Did you, dear?" turns to Lesley who shakes head, a bit stunned.

"No...I didn't, Simon...I'd never lie about that..."

"Of course not, dear heart...You weren't allowed to remember. As Ginny here doesn't remember..."

"And she/he threatened you...Demanded you not kill my Mistress? And the others? Is that true, Jen...Doctor?" Ginny, glance to Jen.

"We did..." Jen nods.

"Why?" Ginny stares. "You want them dead...Why did you threaten him...? And after he took your own descendant, a Hunter?"

"They must not die by foul and unclean hands, at the wrong time, Virginia. And my descendant's fate is a separate matter...I haven't abandoned her, she must know that." careful nod to Lesley.