What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XXXII

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XXXII...

A rather wet Laszlo still triumphantly bearing a squirming trash bag by edge of a stream. Nadja beside him, annoyed and shivering...

"Had just a bit of trouble with the rematerialization while pursuing our furry friend here." He indicates the bag.

"You got swept into the stream here and nearly headed out to, and as part of, Atlantic Ocean." Nadja frowns.

"Not really that serious...But thanks, dear lady wife for the minor assist."

"Minor, he says." She glares.

"And I did capture the beast..." holds up bag. "Though I sense from one bite he managed that he is in fact, not rabid. Though perhaps suffering a mild case of the flu, poor soul."

"I am not nursing you..." Nadja frowns. "I will probably be ill myself tonight. I swallowed much of brook saving you. Probably some fish as well...Eehew." Grimaces.

"Stomach illnesses are the ones that last a bit with us. Amusing, eh?" Laszlo notes to camera as Nadja glares, groaning a bit now. "We could shake off my old leprosy, this fellow's potential rabies, that AIDS stuff, all sorts of diseases...I've seen terminal cancer cleared in a day's rest by a newborn vampire...But stomach bugs involving human food can leave us down for days. Probably the food itself..."

"Can we finish this and go home?" Nadja fumes. "Where are Jen and Eloise now?"

"I think they must be in the back woods about a mile from here. We headed back towards the front gate in chasing Robert here." Shakes bag.

"Don't name him." Nadja sighs, waving arms. "We'll never get rid of him. If he's not sick from the rabid disease, let him go or eat him and lets go find Nandor and see the girls leave here safe."

"Nadja....I couldn't eat Robert. Besides not really much to him. But I'm not sure I should leave him out here now. Any of his compadres might sense my strange scent on him and see him as a threat."

Nadja, rolling eyes. "Fine, then we'll leave him in the basement of the new house. He can sleep in Colin Robinson's storage room, the smell will appeal to him. Give him here, I want to get a towel from the house to dry myself anyway."

"Really?" Laszlo beams. Gasping in horror as Nadja hurls bag up over trees, clearly heading for a long trajectory and a likely hard landing.

"Robert...?" he stares after bag. "Nadja?"

"Did you think I would bring that animal into my fine new home, even to Colin Robinson's room?" she frowns. "Oh...I will get you fish." She sighs at his downcast look. "A new fish tank would fit well into the decoration scheme Jen, Ginny, and I are working on."

"Robert..." sigh, looking over trees. "Well, farewell, my furry comrade. Happy landings."

"Eloise would probably have eaten him anyway..." Nadja, perhaps just a tad guilty now.

...

Eloise leading Jen towards the back cliffs of the estate, they just emerging from the woods...

"Looks ok, so far..." she notes to camera... "But I think your old vamp man and his lady are here, back there somewhere..." she points back, Jen looking.

"The Master and Mistress? Here? Oh...They must have been worried about us." She shakes head with fond sigh, beaming. "They are so sweet."

"Like we couldn't handle this?" frown from Eloise. "They're a couple of ole vamp fussbudgets and they'll probably get us hurt trying to avoid 'em if we do get in a fight. You know, when I get my dander up, I don't always stop to check whom I'm tearing to shreds if I'm not sure they're marked as family. Ah, there's more..." sniffs deeply. "But at least they had the sense to use my spray. One's human, the other...Vamp...Yeah..." nod.