What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXXXXII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXXXXII...

About 11 am...

"Oh...Ma." Jacqueta Zeller in Ginny Zeller's office eyeing her mom nervously modeling her gown for the gala reception. A long, black affair, cut low, with long sleeves and some black lace...White satin sash...

"Oooh la, la..." shakes head. "You're not gonna wanna be seen with us..." grin.

"There's one for you and Ellie...Same style, choice of sash and lace." Ginny shrugs at the boxes on office floor. "I just hope you like them."

"Ma...?" Jacqueta, a bit stunned. "I guess this thing must have been important to you." Moving to the box her mother indicates as hers, opening.

"Wow." Lifting gown out...

"You don't have to wear them...If you don't like 'em." Ginny sighs.

"No...It's incredible. But...Ma? It must have cost a fortune."

"Gift from the Cravensworths." Fond smile.

"What? Oh, geesh. Can we accept?" Jacqueta stares at Ginny who grins.

"I already did...For all of us."

"My God...That is...Wonderful." Jacqueta, lifting gown from box and holding up to see fit in the office's wall mirror.

"I don't feel worthy..." grin.

"Me neither, to be honest..." Ginny smiles.

"Ma...You grace anything. And won't Rich be blown away?" shrewd look.

"I sent him a photo a moment ago." Coyly shy grin. "You think Ellie will wear hers?"

"If she don't want it, I'll take it. I can have it cut for my girl..." Jacqueta grins. "But I know El, she'll take it."

"Ok, so I booked a hair stylist and for nails at the same place at 1, so we need to grab a quick lunch. Ellie'll meet us at lunch and I hope she won't fuss about the hair place, it's her favorite."

"That one? It's as expensive as Croesus...You'll be spending all our ill-got gains in one afternoon, Ma." Jacqueta shakes head.

"They did do a lot for us, honey...I wanted to show we appreciate it. And to do something nice for you two guys."

"Well...You can do this for me any ole time." Jacqueta grins.

"You know...Brittany's included in this invite...And there's one more gown for her, though I had to guess at size." Ginny notes.

"Ma...?" shocked stare.

"Well...She's family or will be, right?" smile. "She was gonna meet us at lunch, still? She's booked after too if she doesn't mind a 'bourgeois' hair salon experience..."

"Thank you!" fond hug. "I'll call her right now and make sure she's got the afternoon clear."

"Tell her to hurry if we're gonna eat and make everything. We might need to see the tailor for hers...I've got one standing by."

"You do?" Jacqueta stares, blinking.

...

Colin, in his bedroom now...

"Taking a couple from the office, in part for Gwendolyn's sake...Ginny'll leave it up to me if I want to hang on. Probably not, it's a bit small for my fishing pond...Though the girls are wonderfully energetic...Or were." Smile.