What We Do In the Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXVI...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXVI...

Dressing room of the Colonial Theater, Broadway...About four months previous...

"So...Miss Lesley Ciara..." a young female reporter in her twenties, seated at Lesley's invite as she wiped make-up, following her final performance of her starring role in the hit revival of "South Pacific", gushed... "Now you've wrapped up your starring role in this new hit, what's next for you?"

"Well, I hope to move on to more straight drama..." Lesley began.

And fewer retreads of old hits...

Knock...

"Lesley?! Lesley!"

Oh, Lord.

"Just a min...My producer, Saul Fring. Give us a sec, will ya, dear?" she beamed to the reporter who nodded, sure...Rising and still eagerly beaming.

"Just wait outside...I'll be right with you after Saulie and I talk."

"Of course, Miss Ciara." Beaming nod.

I can wait...Simon can wait...A bit. Samarta thought, heading out, passing a short, balding pudgy man, entering.

"Lesley! What a great night!" Saul closed door.

Immediately dropping his oleaginous manner and giving her stern look...

She, sighing...

"Well?" she eyed him.

"Who was that?" he pointed.

"Reporter, from the Post. Reviewing tonight's last show."

"She's good. Well concealed...But you should have sensed her."

"What? Her?" Lesley looked over to the door. "Seriously?"

"You're getting flabby. Though she was good. Must be using something strong to cover."

"You think she's..."

"Sure...But she may only want a celebrity bleeding...Or doll to play with. Or she might even actually be a reporter, some of them do try to have careers." His face somber. "You want I should get the guys?"

"I can take one vampire, Saul, if she's trouble. 'Flabby' as I may be, working my ass off for you."

"The show was a sure hit. People love the old stuff and you're good. It wasn't that hard to sell." He frowned. "But you're letting your eye off the ball, Ciara."

"I have a career, Saul. And you people are killing it." She glared. "One more 'hit' revival and I'll be doing North Shore Music Circus or fancy dinner theater."

"We went to bat for you. I went to bat for you. On the understandin' you'd get on with your real work."

"Sticking wood into a few mangy vampires or a tramp like that one."

"She seemed like a nice girl, in her cover anyway. Might be one that keeps its nose clean and its fangs in a blood bag, cows, or volunteer donor boyfriend." Saul, shaking head. "Lets not forget they were people once, a lot of them not to blame for what happened to 'em. Like my Sibyl..." sigh.

Always on about Sibyl..Jesus...Lesley sighed.

He had one date in high school and she's the love of his life, tragically taken...And I saw the pics, she was cute but nothing overwhelming...Though out of his league for sure unless she was hard up.